Montpellier is a beautiful and trendy southern French city with no desire to be left behind, so it is adapting to the new brunch trends wonderfully. We’ve put together a list of the best spots to try.
This cute coffee shop situated in the center of Montpellier, minutes from the Place de la Comédie, is not only a great place to stop for a relaxing cup of coffee but also one of the best places in the city to go for a delicious brunch. It has the feel of an American or Anglo-Saxon coffee shop, rather than a typical French one, but that will just make homesick visitors feel even better. The brunch has a great selection of both sweet and savory food.
Fairview Coffee, 6 rue Loys, Montpellier, France, +33 09 80 56 39 39
Café Noisette is a cozy café, decorated in an original way mixing textures and colors to bring out the brightness and happiness that it oozes. Their brunch is of top quality, but some of their cakes and desserts, especially their cupcakes, should also be noted. The sweet little touches create a welcoming, cheerful atmosphere perfect for starting the morning. Apart from typical hot drinks, they also have their own cold drinks that are made with lemon and raspberries, a very refreshing recipe.
Café Noisette, 21 Boulevard Pasteur, Montpellier, France +33 4 67 16 77 49
Those who are looking for a healthier brunch option to undo some of the damage that typical French breakfasts have done (think croissants, brioches, hot chocolate and delicious tartines) should go to Delecto. The main protagonists of the brunch here are fruits and veggies. On top of yummy coffees and hot drinks, visitors who brunch here will be able to enjoy freshly made smoothies, which is a great and delicious way of eating some of your five a day without even noticing. To start the day off in the best way possible, this brunch is an optimal choice.
Delecto, 3 Rue des Ecoles Laïques, Montpellier, France +33 4 67 02 08 96
Mademoiselle & Chocolat
A top place to go for brunch in Montpellier is this splendid locale. It has a cheaper brunch than most, but it is just as complete and filling as some of the other options. Their famous, succulent chocolate will of course be present in the food selection that is served, but is accompanied by eggs, sausages and potatoes, balancing out the sweetness of their star plate.
Mademoiselle & Chocolat, 10 Rue Roucher, Montpellier, France +33 4 99 63 18 45
Offering a typical English breakfast, Beehive is a home away from home for British in Montpellier. It is a hearty brunch option for everyone else. Beans, eggs, omelets, potatoes, bacon and sausages will be some of the key stars in this brunch, so it is not meant for the light-hearted, or vegetarians. The price is affordable without compromising on the quantity or quality.
Beehive, 15 Rue du Plan d’Agde, Montpellier, France +33 09 66 94 53 71
La Panacée is one of Montpellier’s gems, a lively museum that has interactive exhibitions and a great restaurant that will immediately immerse visitors in a fun, French atmosphere. Their Sunday brunch is excellent: travelers are able to get a hot drink, fruit juice and access to a great buffet that strikes the perfect balance between the sweet and the savory options for brunch. Weather permitting, it is also possible to sit outside on their lovely patio.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
La Panacée, 14 Rue de l’Ecole de Pharmacie, Montpellier, France +33 04 34 88 79 79
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.