Rocher de la Vierge
Biarritz’s most visited historical monument, the Rocker de la Vierge is an absolute must-see. A gateway takes visitors to this magnificent rock and the impeccable view over the ocean will leave them speechless.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Port Vieux Neighborhood
A very picturesque place, wander in the small streets and take a swim in the small Vieux Port beach.
Another highly-praised attraction by the tourists, the Phare de Biarritz stands 45 meters (147.6 feet) high and offers a privileged look over the city’s beauty.
Biarritz Grande Plage
The most popular beach in town, check out the prestigious buildings nearby such the Hôtel du Palais, the Casino, and the restaurants by the sea as well.
Located in the heart of Biarritz, les Halles is the perfect spot to wander around and to take a culinary tour of the region in one place.
Gorges de Kakuetta
Mostly praised for the nice beaches and the ocean, the region’s mountains and wildlife is often underrated. Pay a visit to the Gorges of Kakuetta in Sainte-Engrâce and be amazed by its incredible waterfalls.
Musee de la Mer (Biarritz Aquarium)
Embark in a beautiful odyssey at the Biarritz Aquarium that will have visitors crossing paths with sharks and traveling from the Gascogne Gulf to the Caribbean Seas.
The museum’s collection dedicated to Asian art has been carefully selected and showcases great pieces from China, Tibet, Nepal, and many other countries.
Looking for a challenge and a way to spend time with friends or family? Try rafting.
Recommended rafting place: Uhina Rafting located 30 minutes away from Biarritz.
The beautiful and numerous golf course across the region are exactly what golfers need to have a great time in a peaceful environment.
Le Sentier du Littoral
Tourists enjoy this blissful walk along the beaches of Bidart and Hendaye while being surrounded by the beautiful wildlife year round.
Perfect spot to take a walk or a quick swim in a calmer area in the city.
Sainte Eugenie Church
Located in the Port-Vieux area, admire this neo-Gothic church built during the reign of Napoleon III.
Alexandre Newsky Church
The Orthodox Church of Biarritz was built in 1892 at a time when Biarritz was an imperial city and had a lot of Russian visitors.
Rent a bike and cycle to this peaceful area located in Anglet.
Enjoy the extea (Basque home)
Don’t be surprised by the extea. They are the traditional houses (usually painted in white and red) of the Basque area.
A very original way to discover the region’s wildlife.
Cretes of Iparla
Located a few miles away from Biarritz, take a hike in the mesmerizing Cretes of Iparla.
La Rhune Old Train
Another nice way to get to La Rhune, the highest spot of the Basque region, and have a look over the Pyrenees Mountains.
Join at Least one Feria
No trip in the Basque region will not be complete without attending at least one of the local ferias (a fair or festival usually held to honor a patron saint) in the area.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.