Panama City is a phenomenally family-friendly metropolis, with tons of things to do with kids. Here are some of the best options on offer when you want to enjoy some quality time with the kids.
Visit the Biomuseo
An incredible, interactive museum dedicated to the evolution of biodiversity as we know it, this Frank Gehry-designed museum is a spectacle not to be missed. Dedicate an afternoon to exploring its many, wonder-filled exhibits and learn a thing or two about how the world came to be all that it is today.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Check out MAC Panama
The MAC is the museum of art in Panama, and it really needs your love and support! It’s basically free with an optional donation, and the exhibits change frequently. This museum often has free special events to showcase the new art on display, so stay tuned, because free exhibit events generally mean free drinks and mingling with the artsy crowd of Panama, which is always a treat in and of itself.
Enjoy a milkshake at Roadsters
This ’50s-style American diner is a staple in the San Francisco neighborhood of Panama City, and milkshakes are their bread and butter. However, come with an appetite and you will find that breakfast, lunch, and dinner are all on the menu, too. The decor feels like something out of Grease and waitresses dress the part in poodle skirts, offering a unique, nostalgic dining experience that is a favorite with visitors and locals alike and is sure to be a hit with the younger members of the family.
Walk off all that food in Parque Omar
The biggest park in the city, Parque Omar offers a natural retreat for visitors of all ages. The park often has free events on offer for the whole family, as well as exercise classes from yoga and pilates to zumba. Many folks walk the park just to admire the greenery and catch a glimpse of the activities that are underway, but whatever the reason for visiting, Parque Omar is sure to please.
Walk on the Amador Causeway
Another great option for a family walk, the beloved Amador Causeway is often overlooked by visitors until a local Panamanian informs them that they are missing out. Many people love to walk and bike on what is lovingly referred to as “the Causeway,” which is lined with small cafés and Panamanian boutiques, as well as bike rentals.
Relax in Parque Andres Bello
A sweet escape amidst the hustle and bustle of the city center is Parque Andres Bello. This lovely pocket of paradise has everything a park can offer and more, featuring a designated area for small children as well as a fitness area for those who wish to work out and an area where dogs can go leash-free.
Take a ferry to Taboga Island
Taboga Island is a quick, inexpensive ferry ride from Panama City, making it easy to access for a day trip or weekend getaway. Lots of young travelers and Panamanians love to spend their weekends at the beach on Taboga Island, especially in the dry season.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.