Costa Rica has long been a popular honeymoon and wedding destination. With two tropical coastlines, mystical cloud forests, magical rainforests, idyllic valleys, dramatic mountains, and plenty of all-inclusive resorts, boutique hotels, eco-lodges, and private villas and estates to rent — it’s easy to understand why lovers from around the world want to tie the knot here.
La Fortuna is one of the most popular inland wedding destinations in Costa Rica. Between the iconic Arenal volcano, the towering La Fortuna waterfall, the lush tropical landscape that is bursting with flowers, hummingbirds, and butterflies, and the inviting variety of accommodations and venues, La Fortuna is a superb destination wedding location. Your special day will be truly picturesque and the rest of your time in La Fortuna will be full of adventure and romance.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Monteverde is one of Costa Rica’s most famous cloud forests. It is home to the resplendent quetzal, abundant orchids and other air plants, sensational nature hikes, and an environment perfectly suited for love, romance, and wedding festivities. If you’re a nature-loving couple, Monteverde offers the setting to get married in the midst of some of the most beautiful natural surroundings. This unique wedding destination will set the mood for the celebration of everlasting love.
Manuel Antonio is located on the central Pacific coast of Costa Rica. It is home to the world famous Manuel Antonio National Park, which includes several pristine beaches and an extraordinary collection of flora and fauna. There are opportunities to get married down by the sea or up in the hills behind the park overlooking the rainforest and the ocean. Manuel Antonio is a destination wedding location straight out of a fairy tale. Imagine getting married with scarlet macaws flying overhead, monkeys howling, the sea lapping against the shore, and a landscape enveloped in every shade of green.
A short jaunt south from the popular and lively beach town of Playa Tamarindo is Playa Langosta. Playa Langosta is a tiny upscale beach community that backs up to a beautiful estuary and an extensive soft sand beach. Everything in Playa Langosta is within easy walking distance, including an all-inclusive resort, a luxury boutique villa hotel, and dozens of high end vacation rentals. The beach here is a dreamy spot for your wedding ceremony. You are also just far enough away from Tamarindo as to not feel like you are in the middle of all the tourist and party action, but close enough to explore some of the amazing dining options, shops, spas, yoga studios, and bars.
Playa Pan de Azúcar
Playa Pan de Azúcar is harmoniously nestled away just 20 minutes from Playa Flamingo and 35 minutes from Playa Tamarindo. This secluded, tranquil, and stunning beach is the ideal setting for a private wedding destination. You will feel like the spot is all yours, which is what you probably want on your wedding day. There is an eco-friendly boutique hotel located right on the beach to host your wedding guests, ceremony, and celebration.
Drake Bay is a bit off the beaten path and ideal for adventure and nature loving couples. Drake Bay is an amazing snorkeling and scuba diving destination, as well as being home to the Corcovado National Park. There are plenty of boutique hotels and eco-lodges here to accommodate your guests. This scenic and biodiverse wedding destination is a top choice for those who want to tie the knot in nature and spend their wedding getaway in one of the most beautiful places on the planet.
San Isidro de El General
Tucked up into the Central Valley region of Costa Rica is San Isidro de El General. Getting married in the Central Valley offers cooler weather, spectacular vistas, plenty of wildlife viewing opportunities, waterfalls, volcanoes, incredible hiking and horse back riding adventures, and several unique venues for the big day. Hacienda Altagrecia is one of those venues that will take your destination wedding to the next level. This romanic luxury resort has weddings up here dialed in. Whether you want a classic fairy tale wedding or a more mountain country affair, San Isidro de El General is a lovely place to get hitched to the love of your life.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.