Consider yourself lucky if you’ve navigated the stars and sailed your way into Belize with its inviting blue waters. This Central American country has a long Caribbean coastline swimming with some of the best restaurants between the borders. Spend a day in any of the Cayes or on the mainland, and you’ll wonder how you’ve enjoyed meals without fresh lobster. Raise a napkin-sized sail and set a course for a taste of the best coastal cuisine in Belize.
Discover the most spectacular beaches and best coastal restaurants in Belize with the Culture Trip’s Sailing Trips.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Do your kids need a bathroom break after crossing from Mexican waters into the blue sea around Belize? Tie a spring line along the shoreline and give the kiddos a little fun with their lunch at Corozo Blue’s. Let them run around on the playground while you take your time debating whether the grilled arrachera – skirt steak tacos – or the gran ceviche platter would scratch that salty itch on your tongue.
Bird’s Isle Restaurant
Swimming on a tiny spit of land just east of the port, Bird’s Isle Restaurant is close to Belize City yet feels like you’re on a private strip of paradise. Hang out under a palm-lined roof with a rum punch, deciding between the lobster tail, red snapper, crispy fried chicken, and juicy burgers. Any dish is delicious, thanks in part to the laid-back vibes and ocean views that are never stale or stuffy.
Chef Kareem’s Unbelizeable Lunch Caye Caulker
Here’s one for the hungry sailor who wants a taste of real island food: this is a no shirt, no shoes, no building type of place. Chef Kareem grills up an un-Belize-able lunch right on the sand. He’ll cook up a whole lobster, alive and kicking only moments before. Coconut curry, shrimp kebab, chicken, pork, and more are all on the menu. Grab a beer and a plastic chair because this lunch will knock you off of your feet.
Rain Restaurant & Rooftop Terrace
If you want 360-degree views of San Pedro, Rain Restaurant has a table waiting for you. Their rooftop terrace is a fine place to loosen your belt and settle in for the best meal you’ve had since you left port. Handcrafted pasta such as lobster ravioli is as tempting as the jungle rack of pork ribs. Do yourself a favor and save room for dessert; their so-called Impossible cake won’t eat itself.
Wendy’s Creole Restaurant & Bar
Even on a holiday sailing trip, breakfast is still the most important meal of the day, and Wendy won’t let you miss out. Let her cook up a Belizean breakfast loaded with fry jacks, refried beans, and two any-style eggs to get you all squared away for the day. Prefer a lighter fare after a long night? Standards such as yogurt, fruit, and granola will quell your seasickness.
Chef Rob’s Gourmet Café
Chef Rob isn’t playing around when it comes to gourmet Belizean cuisine. He’s one of the country’s most celebrated chefs, and his beautifully presented plates will prove it. We can’t predict what will be on the menu when you visit, but his celebrated hot shrimps, the chunky rum-flamed lobster, and a seafood cappuccino of the day are all likely to be listed. As for the wine and dessert, you’ll have to wait and see for yourself.
Celebrity Restaurant & Bar
You don’t need to be an A-Lister to reserve a table at Celebrity Restaurant & Bar, but you’ll sure feel like one when you do. Sit by the sea and taste the best of Belize on a single plate. Large portions of butterfish, lobster linguini, and chicken stew are as big as the ocean view. Whatever you do, don’t underestimate Celebrity’s nachos supreme dish; you’ll need a whole entourage to finish it.
Island Breeze Bar & Grill
Cruise into the Island Breeze Bar & Grill and settle into a spot where the sea meets the river. This local haunt on North Stann Creek in Dangriga will greet you with a rich plate of rice, beans, and grilled shrimp tostones. Between the AC in the dining room and the perfectly measured out cold drinks, you won’t have to rely on the actual breeze to keep you cool.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.