- Post ID: 65
- View Payload
About your trip
Lesser-trodden perhaps than its larger neighbours – Guatemala and Mexico – Belize nevertheless belongs high up on your Central America bucket list. It brings together the Mayan ruins and lush jungles of the region’s interior, with the pristine beaches, sheltered cayes, and laid-back living of the Caribbean. This five-day itinerary takes you to the palm tree-fringed peninsula of Placencia, where you’ll divide your time between snorkelling on the Belize Barrier Reef, spotting wildlife on a jungle river tour, and setting sail beneath the stars. There’s plenty of time to kick back and unwind in the Caribbean sun, too. All of our trips are flightless in destination, with 100% of all carbon emissions offset. It's just part of how we see the world while being good to it.
- Bask on the pristine beaches of Placencia
- Meet marine life on a guided snorkelling experience
- Spot crocs as you drift along a jungle river
- Hike through lush rainforest, alive with tapir and jaguars
- Get swept away on a sunset cruise
After arriving into Belize International Airport you’ll be met by one of our drivers and transferred to your hotel on Placencia, your home for the next five days. After checking into your hotel, you’re free to spend the first afternoon lapping up the surf, sun and flour-white sand. In the evening, you’ll have the opportunity to get to know the other members of your travel group over an authentic creole welcome dinner.
After a hotel breakfast in the gentle, sun-warmed breeze, you’ll be whisked away to the Belize Barrier Reef, a Unesco World Heritage Site for a guided snorkelling experience. Below the luminous blue surface of the sea, there’s a world of vibrant marine life to meet – from loggerhead turtles to whale sharks. Stick to the side of one of our licensed guides, and they’ll introduce you to the residents. This is followed by visits to some of Placencia’s most beautiful cayes – these sandy islets are the perfect place to dry off, before enjoying the rest of the day at your leisure.
After breakfast you’ll head south of Placencia to Monkey River, which winds through lush subtropical rainforest on its way to the Caribbean Sea. Take in the beautiful flora and fauna as you drift downstream, spotting toucans, herons, tanagers and, you guessed it, monkeys in the trees above. You can snap the wildlife, but keep an eye out for crocodiles basking in the midday sun – they’ll snap right back. You’ll then leave the boat behind for a guided hike through the rainforest, where your guide will introduce you to medicinal plants and, if you’re lucky, point out a tapir or jaguar.
Take your time over breakfast this morning, as the majority of the day is yours to spend how you like. Perhaps start with a stroll along the coast, followed by a dip in the sea, and a chunk of time set aside to top up your tan? Either way, make hay while the sun shines, as when the light starts to dim you’ll set off on a magical sunset cruise. And when that glowing golden disc sinks beyond the horizon, you’ll be treated to a stellar display of stars, lighting up the night sky and the sea below. Snacks and drinks are supplied throughout the two and a half hour trip, so you’ll go to bed in a state of well-fed bliss.
Sadly your time in pretty little Belize is at an end. Enjoy one last hotel breakfast before your transfer takes you back to Belize International Airport. You may be sad to be leaving but you can put your mind at ease by reflecting on the unforgettable memories, and perhaps a few special friendships, made along the way.
- Four nights premium hotel accommodation
- Four breakfasts
- Two lunches
- One welcome dinner
- Snorkel Experience in the Belize Barrier Reef
- Monkey River tour
- Sunset cruise
- Return private airport transfers
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Flights to and from the destination
The Placencia Resort
This is where adventure meets relaxation. This resort, near the pretty resort village of Placencia, has everything you need – including one of the largest pools in Belize, a beautiful private beach, complimentary kayaks and paddle-boards, three bars and three restaurants, including one at the end of a pier in the sea.
The safety and wellbeing of all travellers is our top priority. To help us ensure this, please refer to this checklist:
- Please check the entry requirements for the destination you are travelling to. Our travel experts can assist you in finding this information.
- We recommend you confirm all guidance on official government sites and check that you are able to travel with your travel insurance issuer. Your travel insurance may be invalidated if you travel against government advice. Our travel experts can assist you in finding this information.
- You must be aged 18 years or over to join this trip.
- Please be sure to check whether or not you need a visa to enter the country you're travelling to. Please refer to our Booking Terms & Conditions for further information.
- If you have any pre-existing medical conditions or accessibility requirements, please notify our Customer Support team as soon as possible.
- To upgrade to a private room, or book pre- and post-trip accommodation and/or airport transfers, please contact our Customer Support team.
- Please be aware that travel insurance is compulsory for all travellers.
- Please be aware that the itinerary, activities and hotels are subject to change. While unlikely, these changes can happen due to circumstances beyond our control. We will always do our best to ensure minimal impact on your experience.
- Please be aware images on this page are for illustrative purposes and may not reflect your itinerary exactly.
- Arrival / departure transfers are group transfers, unless otherwise stated.
If you cancel 56 days or more before your scheduled departure date, you will receive a 100% refund. Otherwise, the total cost of your trip is:
- 100% payable if you cancel 29 days or less before your departure date.
- 50% payable if you cancel between 30 - 55 days before your departure date.
Please note you can only book this trip in advance up to 14 days before the departure date. After this time the trip may be booked on request.
Terms & Conditions
Please refer to our Booking Terms & Conditions.