Whether you’re visiting the buzzing nightlife of Montego Bay or the serene shores of Seven Mile Beach in Negril, or you want a secluded escape at Runaway Bay, these are the best holiday apartments Jamaica has to offer.
In the heart of the Caribbean, Jamaica pulses with an undeniable rhythm. Rum shacks and reggae fill the sultry evenings, while days on the pristine beaches come with opportunities to swim, snorkel and jet-ski across the water. Book a vacation apartment (or at least accommodation with extra space and cooking facilities) to experience the magic of the third-largest Caribbean island.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
A budget-friendly option amid the five-star resorts of Montego Bay, the El Greco Resort has all the simple charm of a family guesthouse. The larger accommodations are spacious, with living areas and kitchenettes. The soft white sand of Doctor’s Cave Beach is just across the road, and all the bars, restaurants and shops of the Hip Strip are on your doorstep. There’s private parking if you want to rent a car and a rooftop pool in which to cool off during the day.
Set on the beautiful Seven Mile Beach in Negril, Rondel Village provides elegant accommodation within lush, tropical grounds. Octagonal-shaped beach villas are designed in keeping with the Caribbean setting, and each one comes with a private balcony overlooking the sea, a kitchen and a jacuzzi whirlpool bath. The Village Spa offers an array of relaxing treatments. This place is eco-friendly with an environmental management system designed with sustainable tourism in mind.
Comfortable, stylish rooms with kitchenettes and sea-view balconies are on offer at the Oasis Resort. Seven Mile Beach is just a few footsteps away, and a variety of bars, restaurants and shops are all within striking distance. Relax with a cocktail at the pool bar, or recline on one of the lavish day beds. The pool itself has an integrated hot tub. The on-site restaurant specializes in farm-to-table dishes, with locally grown produce at the heart of the menu.
If you’re looking for an eco-friendly stay, this is the spot for you. The restaurant serves organic fusion dishes using fresh, local produce from the sea and soil. Wake up with a yoga session on the beach or a coffee on your private balcony. Days can be filled with water sports on the turquoise ocean, beach strolls or by diving into the sea from the rustic swim platform. The one-bedroom apartments at Beachcomber Club Resort come with a kitchen and living room.
On Seven Mile Beach, Moon Rooms offers a comfortable, budget-friendly option for groups of all shapes. Hotel-standard rooms are available as singles, doubles and twins, but for more space, plump for an apartment with a king-size bed and kitchenette. Colorful curtains add a bit of tropical flair to the rooms, while balconies provide a little private space to unwind.
As the name suggests, this resort is set up for idle days in the sun. Choose to while away the hours on the sun loungers on Seven Mile Beach, sipping cocktails at the rum shack-style beach bar or enjoying the poolside food and drink service. The snorkeling, shopping and water sports of Negril are all within walking distance, but there is private parking if you want to hire a car. The accommodation comes in the form of luxe, oceanfront villas with private swimming pools and butler service.
Hidden among fruit trees, yet by the buzz of the main road in Negril, LTU Garden features spacious stays in lush gardens. There’s a pool with a waterfall feature, and apartments come with private balconies. Also, it’s just minutes from live entertainment and restaurants. This hotel is a great choice for budget travelers who want a few of the finer touches thrown in.
On a quiet stretch of sand at Runaway Bay, Pipers Cove has a selection of one-bedroom apartments and cozy studios. Kitchens come with a fridge, stovetop and cooking utensils, but the beach bars and restaurants of Runaway Bay are all around. If you opt for an apartment with an ocean view, you’ll get to watch as the sun sets over the Caribbean Sea from your private balcony. The resort-style pool backs onto the sea, where a sandy swim platform has turned the calm shallows into a natural, saline swimming hole.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.