Guadeloupe may float on the Caribbean like the butterfly its shape resembles, but its flavours will stick to your tongue like a bee. A wonderful mix of Creole, French, and Caribbean influences will awaken your palate. Seafood is naturally on the menu at any coastal restaurant, though you’ll be surprised at how the spicy lamb, beef, and pork dishes rival even a lobster dinner. Taste the best Guadeloupe’s chefs have to offer with a side of their best views at these waterside restaurants.
“Planning a trip to the Caribbean? Join us on a sailing adventure in the Bahamas.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
This is a chilled place across from the beach to lower your sails after a long day at sea. Skewer your appetite with fish, chicken, and beef – because everything tastes better on a stick. For those who know that the real test of a barbecue joint is how they prepare their sides, you’re in luck. The fries are fantastic and so is the rice. Anything on the menu is sure to impress when dipped, dunked, and drizzled with their Creole sauce.
Ti Bo Doudou
Let’s set the stage at Ti Bo Doudou. Beneath the table, your toes dig into the sand. On the table, mahi-mahi and duck breast with green pepper sauce are no match for a quick fork. Above your table, an umbrella shades your rum runner from the sun. You’d be wise to make a reservation, even for matinée dining; the secret is out on this formerly hidden gem so expect a packed audience.
In a stew over what delicious waterside restaurant to try in Saint-François first? Le Zagaya insists that you stew it over their spicy seafood stew, appropriate, given the waterfront setting and Creole spices galore. Switch up the meat and dive into a bubbling bowl of pot au feu, a stew with pig snout and tail blended with freshly chopped vegetables.
La Touna is the setting for a slow-speed dinner. Not that the service is slow – it’s more you’ll want every bite of lionfish risotto to last as long as possible. Let the sun find its hiding spot behind the Pigeon Islands while you taste the fusion of French, Creole, and Caribbean flavors. Linger just a bit longer over your drink, or at very least, until they can tempt you to stay put with an order of passion fruit créme brûlée.
Couleurs du Monde
Consider yourself signed up for the signature tuna tataki when you arrive at Couleurs du Monde in Terre de Haut. It’s a superb dish, though your vegetarian shipmates don’t need to feel lost at sea as the gnocchi is equally tasty. The relaxed vibes at this waterside restaurant are as fitting for an afternoon with a good book as a giant beer from their tap.
Restaurant Koté t’Chalis
After working up an appetite walking to the cooling Bras de Fort waterfall, you’ll find some of the best saltfish fritters on the island at the portside Koté t’Chalis. Here, music mixes with the rolling waves to create a relaxed soundscape. Given how accommodating skipper-and-chef Jean-Marc is, we would say you won’t need to lift a finger, but the grilled fish is smothered in a special finger-licking sauce.
Ti Kaz’ la
As you gaze out at the Passe de la Baleine with a freshly-caught tuna trio in front of you, the word lunch doesn’t describe it well enough. Others have used amazing while stuffing their mouths with Antillean cod fritters and best meal of my life, to attempt to rename the Iberian pluma and house fried. All we know is that the mango soufflé is indescribable, and your mouth will be too full to utter a word.
Les Pieds dans l’Eau
Hook a right walking off of the Port de Pêche and scurry like a sand crab over to Les Pieds dans l’Eau. When’s the last time you munched greens that weren’t seaweed or kelp? Order up a leafy salad to graze on while they throw some sauce on your spiny lobster. Two bowls of ice cream will melt their way over to your table before you’re ready to rock back onto the boat.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.