Bangkok is constantly on the move – and there’s no better way to experience the city than by moving with it. Here are 12 tours that will throw you into the Thai capital’s brilliant flow, whether by river cruise, tuk-tuk or on foot.
The phrase “It’s not the destination that matters, it’s the journey” applies to just about anywhere in the world. But nowhere is it more true than in Bangkok. This is a city where the journey to the Grand Palace or Chatuchak Market can be as thrilling as the sites themselves. These handpicked tours will help you enjoy the city’s urban fabric to its fullest.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Sure, you can hit all the temples you want in one day. You can eat banana pancakes with backpackers on Khao San Road. You can visit the floating markets. But seeing the real Bangkok, the one that locals know and a lot of tourists don’t? For that you’ll have to hop on a bike. This four-hour guided bike tour brings you down the backstreets and to street food venders serving up delicious snacks you’d never find on your own. This is a small group tour, which means more attention from the guide.
On this four-hour bike tour at night, see a different side of Bangkok, when Buddhist temples are more radiant, there is less traffic, the air is a little cooler, and streets are teeming with locals eating, drinking and gossiping. Visit Wat Arun and Wat Pho in their peaceful nighttime settings, explore the famous Pak Khlong Talat flower market and sample some street food, all the while learning the history of your surroundings from your local guide. Numbers are limited to 10 on this small-group tour, ensuring a more personalised experience.
Experience the authentic street-food eateries and vibrant nightlife of Bangkok on a private tour that will introduce you to the customs and traditions of the local people when the sun sets.Ideal for first-time visitors to Thailand’s capital city, travelling with a local guide means you don’t have to worry about navigating the busy streets of Silom and can focus on enjoying the hand-picked sights and flavours of Thailand’s capital city.Your knowledgable Bangkok expert who adores the city will take you away from the tourist crowds and show you the most delicious Thai tastings. Enjoy the best views without getting lost in the crowd.
Uncover the royal and spiritual riches of Bangkok with this cultural half-day guided tour that will give you the opportunity to admire the architecture of the Grand Palace and the wonderful Wat Pho and Wat Traimit temples. Join this small group tour led by a professional local guide that start at 8am.
The best way to learn about Bangkok’s top four multicultural markets is with a private local guide who has a sincere passion for the city and teaches all about local customs and traditions. Enjoy the exclusivity of a private tour that brings you to the world’s most famous Buddha statue. Visit Wat Traimi, Little India, Little China and the impressive Sampeng Market on a once-in-a-lifetime tour that hits all the city’s top attractions. Enjoy the best views without getting lost in the crowd and stops that are handpicked by locals.
Visit the Ayutthaya temples on a cultural day trip from Bangkok – it’s a highlight of any visit to Thailand. The tour to the ancient capital of Siam includes a trip by riverboat, a must-do activity when you’re in Bangkok, with close-up views of the temples and historic sites that line the Chao Phraya River.
This night tour won the TripAdvisor Traveller’s Choice Award for a good reason. Explore Bangkok at night by the iconic tuk-tuk and discover the city and its local culture.This four-hour tour loops along the Chao Phraya River, stopping at several temples and markets. See temples such as Wat Pho illuminated at night, enjoy dinner and a dessert at a mystery stop.This is considered a cultural tour with food, and it provides a great introduction to Bangkok and the local culture. However, it should not be considered an in-depth food tour.This tour is limited to 12 people, ensuring an informative experience with a small group
Familiarise yourself with the city with a walking tour that will take you through historic and modern Bangkok, enjoying local food along the way.
Sample Thailand’s famous street food and soak up the atmosphere of Bangkok by night on this four-hour tour. Zip around the city on a tuk-tuk, feast on a variety of street food delicacies, and see attractions such as Phra Sumen Fort, Ananta Samakhom Throne Hall, and Chinatown. This small-group tour is limited to four people for a personalised experience.
Enjoy a relaxed evening with a Loy Nava dinner cruise, where you will gently sail along the Chao Phraya River while being served sumptuous Thai cuisine. Take in the bright lights of the big city of Bangkok after sunset and settle into what will be a romantic evening. With the sparkling skyline of Bangkok as the backdrop, this culinary journey will be sure to exceed your expectations.
Discover the best bites in Bangkok’s Chinatown on a walking tour that visits seven different eateries, led by a knowledgeable guide. Go behind the scenes to places that locals love and most visitors never find, stopping at markets, street stalls and small restaurants. As you taste a variety of savoury and sweet dishes such as Chinese dumplings, noodle and rice plates, and desserts, you’ll learn about the neighbourhood’s culinary traditions and history. This walking tour is limited to 10 people to provide a small-group experience.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.