Planning a trip to Singapore and looking for a luxurious hotel that offers more than a place to rest your head? Culture Trip have done all the hard work for you by rounding up the best luxury hotels in the Garden City, from indulgent spa hotels for couples to architect-designed resorts set amid lush gardens on Sentosa Island.
This sleek hotel is set on Marina Bay, and has opulent interiors that pay tribute to a bygone era of luxury – think marble flooring, sumptuous lounges and enormous chandeliers. Each of the 100 rooms is exquisitely decorated and boasts views over Marina Bay and the city skyline. The most luxurious, however, is the Presidential Suite. This 201sqm (2,163sqft) suite has a spacious living and dining area, lounge and study alongside an elegant bedroom, and features rosewood wall panels and intricate textile art. Seeking a truly indulgent experience? Visit the Fullerton Spa for a signature deep muscle massage, a ritual that involves a massage using natural oils to stimulate the nervous system.
Set amid Sentosa’s lush rainforest, this five-star resort and spa combines the French refinement that the Sofitel brand is known for with the local touches that celebrate the surrounding landscape – from leaf motifs above the bed to orchid carpets on hardwood floors. The rooms, suites and villas all share the same attention to detail, but for the ultimate indulgence book one of the four Villa du Jardin, a private two-bedroom sanctuary with a personal pool and outdoor deck. Business travellers and corporate events are also catered for with a variety of meeting and conference rooms and spacious ballrooms. Planning a wedding? There’s a team on hand to help organise ceremonies for 20 to 100 guests.
Looking for a luxury escape with a touch of rustic elegance? Villa Samadhi is a 20-room boutique hotel set in an elegant black and white colonial garrison built in 1920 and located in the 22ha (54-acre) Labrador Nature Reserve. Like the architecture, the rooms evoke a bygone era with traditional furnishings and charming design details, such as vintage luggage trunks. The Luxe Sarang is the most exclusive room, located in an adjacent villa and boasting a private pool and garden. While it might feel a world away from the bright lights of the city, it’s just 20 minutes to Singapore’s CBD and Marina Bay.
This sprawling five-star hotel is spread across two meticulously restored buildings in Singapore’s Civic and Cultural District – the Neoclassical-style Capitol Building, which dates back to 1930, and the Venetian Renaissance-style Stamford House, which was built in 1904. Part of a lifestyle complex that includes the Capitol Theatre and a retail mall, guests will have almost any amenity at their fingertips. Fine dining, however, is the highlight. The hotel is home to 15 Stamford by Alvin Leung, The Bar at 15 Ristorante and El Teatro Tapas. The hardest decision you’ll have to make is where to dine each day.
On the hunt for a luxurious home away from home in Singapore? These serviced apartments on the outskirts of Singapore’s vibrant Science and Technology District are ideal for business travellers and families looking for self-catering accommodation with all the amenities of a hotel. The complex boasts a mix of studios and one- and two-bedroom apartments, all with fully equipped kitchens, dining areas and washers and dryers to make cooking and laundry a breeze on longer trips. There’s also a comfortable communal lounge, a 24-hour gym, tennis court, spa and a barbecue pit beside the pool for al fresco dining.
This design-driven hotel in a restored heritage building on the banks of the Singapore River in Robertson Quay brings an edgy, industrial twist to the traditional setting. The hotel was built in 1895 and has been transformed into a 37-room boutique hotel with sleek, contemporary interiors – think designer furniture, handwoven rugs and statement lighting. The food and drink offering is just as curated and was crafted in partnership with pioneering chef Willin Low, founder of Wild Rocket. Po restaurant offers modern Singaporean dishes, while the Lobby Bar serves innovative cocktails. Go for one of the spice-driven signature tipples, which reflect Singapore’s roots as a centre of trade.
Once a British artillery outpost that was home to soldiers, this building on Sentosa Island has been rostered to an atmospheric hotel. The richly textured interiors are a tapestry of dark timber, patinated brass and crafted leather furniture, while rooms are decorated in a palette of forest green and ochre. Get into the spirit of the old-world hotel with a Barracks heritage walking tour, which has been curated by award-winning heritage specialist, Jerome Lim, and allows guests to discover the history of the hotel precinct, or partake in a morning yoga session on the poolside deck.
Planning an adventure holiday on Singapore’s Sentosa Island but want to add a slice of romance and luxury? Set on a hilltop overlooking the Singapore Strait, The Outpost Hotel is perfectly located to take advantage of Sentosa’s attractions, from adventure and water parks to the Skyline Luge. It also has plenty of fun activities on-site, including evening fireworks and movie screenings in the Adventure Pool. Make sure to pay a visit to the rooftop restaurant and day club, 1-V:U, which features a progressive Asian menu by chef Ace Tan alongside Asian-inspired cocktails. The contemporary black and white rooms are another highlight, with timber-panelled walls and sculptural statement lighting.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.