A tropical city-state and global financial powerhouse with attractions galore, Singapore retains a position as one of the most forward-thinking, stylish destinations in Asia, if not the world. That has enticed a throng of well-heeled travellers eager to dine on Michelin-star cuisine, explore Peranakan (Straits Chinese) culture, take the kids to the incomparable Singapore Zoo, shop at high-end malls along Orchard Road and – perhaps – go local with a visit to one of many hawker markets. Here is our pick of luxury resorts in Singapore, each swanky enough to please the most discerning of travellers – all bookable with Culture Trip.
Located right across the street from the Merlion gondola station and a short walk from such Sentosa Island attractions as Madame Tussauds, iFly simulated skydiving and Palawan Beach, this Singapore luxury hotel seamlessly combines sensitively restored British-colonial architecture with thoroughly contemporary interiors. Rooms are all clean lines and earthy tones, while concrete-walled bathrooms come equipped with deep soaking tubs. In addition to award-winning cuisine at Bedrock Origin, spa “journey” packages and self-guided meditation exercises courtesy of Re:Well Rebels are among Oasia’s many charms.
With a curvaceous glass edifice flanked by one of Singapore’s largest swimming pools and surrounded by acres of greenery on the outskirts of the city, near Changi International Airport, this five-star Singapore hotel is an ideal place for those who prefer not to stray far from their luxurious lodgings during their holiday. There’s certainly plenty on-site to keep you occupied: a world-class golf course, “funshops” that include activities for kids and cooking classes for their parents, signature massages and five dining venues – plus neutral-toned, minimalist rooms to retreat to at the end of an action-packed day.
Experience luxury on the edge of a tropical rainforest at Equarius Hotel, a Singapore resort that will appeal to both nature lovers and eco-minded travellers. Suites and deluxe rooms have balconies with views of either the Straits or the jungle and bathrooms with two vanity areas, and some suites come with private pools. You’re within easy reach of Sentosa Island’s various attractions, from Universal Studios Singapore to an assortment of beaches, and, if water fun is what you need, book a beach villa with direct access to a swanky freeform pool surrounded by lush vegetation.
This Singapore hotel resides in the centre of the city, on the banks of the Singapore River, next to popular Clarke Quay, where you can bar-hop, get fired out of a giant bungee catapult or take a boat tour of Marina Bay. Swissotel Merchant Court has wings that flank a swimming pool with waterslides, a children’s pool and an outdoor jacuzzi. If the swanky rooms, nearby food courts and buzzy nightlife do not provide sufficient relaxation, try a treatment at Purovel, the first Swiss-style spa in the region.
Super-central ParkRoyal soars in the midst of the vibrant artsy quarter of Bugis, near Arab Street and its Malay Heritage Center and mosques and right next to the seductive colours of Little India. Once you are done with your shopping and traipsing, take a dip in the half-Olympic-sized outdoor swimming pool at the hotel, and soak until sunset, surveying downtown and the Singapore Flyer giant Ferris wheel against the horizon. Or you may want to let the masseuses of St Gregory Spa pamper you with one of their exclusive treatments.
With easy access to Singapore’s financial and shopping districts, not to mention the beaches and sights of the island itself, Capella Singapore offers a luxurious escape on Sentosa Island. Among its many guest rooms and suites are two opulent Colonial Manors, which are stand-alone houses, complete with king-sized beds, garden views, an outdoor terrace and a plunge pool. For the ultimate culinary experience, book the Chef’s Table in the home-style kitchen on site, or opt for the tailored afternoon tea.
The only beachfront resort in Singapore, Shangri-La Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa features a balcony in each room for you to enjoy views of nearby Siloso Beach. Couples will enjoy the privacy of their own outdoor jacuzzi in the deluxe seaview suite, while families with children should opt for the spacious pool view room. There’s also kayak and stand-up paddleboard rental, plus the Nestopia outdoor playground. Rotate between the resort’s six restaurants, which include a noodle house and Italian wood-fired pizzeria.
Inspired by the Jardin du Luxembourg in Paris, Sofitel Singapore Sentosa Resorts & Spa is a luxurious paradise at the top of Tanjong Beach in Sentosa. The five-star Singapore resort features 215 rooms and suites, as well as four luxurious villas with a private pool and an open deck. It’s also home to the largest So SPA in the world, which spans 6,000sqm (64,500sqft). Relax with a deep tissue massage in one of the outdoor treatment pavilions while the kids enjoy face painting and tent building.
You’ll find the beach villas on the western point of Resorts World Sentosa, set amidst lush gardens with a panoramic view of the harbour and Labrador Park. These resort accommodations include a private pool and personal butler service at each of the one-, two- and three-bedroom villas. Alternatively, book the aptly named Palace Villa, with four bedrooms, Egyptian cotton bed linen and freestanding bathtubs, which can accommodate 16.
Extend your holiday in Asia by crossing the Malaysian border and staying in Johor Bahru, a mere 35-minute drive away from Singapore. See the best hotels in Johor Bahru and book with Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.