With more than 7,000 sun-soaked islands, there’s no shortage of luxury resorts in the Philippines. Hop from island to island to see the country’s pearly white beaches, pristine coral reefs and secluded natural pools, and book a villa at one of these world-renowned residences to add the final flourish. We’ve scoured the archipelago to narrow it down and serve you with the very best Philippines resorts, bookable on Culture Trip.
Amanpulo is the crème de la crème of luxury Philippines resorts. Accessible only by private plane, it lies on its own remote, jungle-clad island, surrounded by unspoiled white-sand beaches. Treetop casitas are perched on the hillside, overlooking the forest canopy, while each of the private villas has its own beachfront and come with an electric golf buggy and its own private chef and butler. Naturally, the resort offers aquatic activities such as kitesurfing, and holistic wellness experiences including private pilates classes.
For the ultimate secluded getaway, surrounded by white-sand beaches and limestone cliffs, check in to Matinloc Resort. Despite its remote location, there are myriad water sports and activities to try. This family-friendly resort is only accessible by boat, but the adventure doesn’t stop there. Enjoy the resort’s private beach, snorkel amid coral reefs, swim at the infinity pool or treat yourself at the spa. Wake up to the sound of monkeys or hornbills during your stay – bedding down either beachside, or in a luxurious cliff-raised villa.
Among turquoise-hued waterways and mangrove forests lies Nay Palad Hideaway. Camouflaged in the palms, you’ll find 10 conical, thatched-roof villas at this indulgent eco-resort. The villas feature an open shower, contemporary rattan interiors and a wide veranda that looks out to the sea. The hotel’s grounds include a bamboo-clad trampoline, a hidden tree house and hanging pods for lounging, all scattered around the property. Take a private yoga class on the sea pagoda, catch a movie poolside or eat at the farm-to-table restaurant.
This extraordinary Shangri-La in Cebu redefines the family resort concept, with a fully equipped health club, two pools, a six-hole golf park and multiple children’s play zones. The rooms feature memorable views of the Mactan Sea, the resort’s private marine sanctuary and the outlying islands and islets. A stay at the Spa Villa offers an enhanced level of luxury, with every whim catered to by a private butler. Delight your senses at the Chi Spa with a traditional Barako coffee-bean scrub or a full-body chocolate massage.
In the heart of Bacuit Bay, this eco-resort is the perfect setting to rejuvenate and revitalise. Indeed, you’ll feel as if you’re on your own secluded island. This palm-studded getaway is known for its long stretches of sandy beaches, boating and secret snorkelling spots. Book a canopy villa, standing 15m (50ft) above the ground, for the most expansive views of unique tropical flora surrounding the island. The resort offers numerous low-impact, nature-based activities, as well as high-end spa services for added pampering.
Many guests choose to stay firmly put on the palm-lined grounds of Plantation Bay Resort. And it’s not hard to see why: with four saltwater and freshwater pools, five restaurants specialising in different cuisines, a Japanese-inspired spa and myriad sport facilities, this action-packed resort has all the amenities for a perfect stay on Mactan Island. Rooms come in poolside or lagoon-view varieties, all of them abundant with comfort and island-influenced decor.
Simplicity is key at Arreceffi Island’s Dos Palmas Resort and Spa. You’ll slip into vacation mode easily here, as wifi and television are limited to designated areas. Indeed, getting online will be the last thing on your mind, thanks to chill-inducing spa treatments and excursions, which include kayaking, snorkelling, diving and exploring the tropical waters of Honda Bay. Want to get even more active? There’s a pool for laps, and free bicycles to explore the mangrove trails.
It’s all about the villas at Cauayan Island Resort, which unites Filipino craft with nature’s own design. Expect private infinity pools, ocean views from oversize bathtubs and total privacy. In short, it’s the perfect place for a romantic escape. Beyond the other four types of luxurious villas, this is chiefly an exclusive dive resort that offers a full range of courses and programmes for all skill sets. As dusk approaches, settle in for soothing spa treatments and sunset cruises.
If you’ve bagged yourself a stay in a top Philippines resort but also want something a little more intimate, check out our guide to the coolest vacation homes near Manila.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.