Unlike Manila and neighboring cities, Taguig takes pride in having masterfully planned urban development, as reflected in the financial and lifestyle district of Bonifacio Global City. Amidst high-rise buildings and sleek condominiums, there are parks, shopping malls, and leisure spots which are not only worthy of visiting, but are also Instagrammable!
Because it offers a slice of Italy through its gondoliers and Italian-inspired structure, The Venice Grand Canal Mall has become a favorite picture perfect spot not only in Taguig City but also within Metro Manila. Its intricate details, unique ambiance, and warm pastel colors continue to lure in both professional and amateur photographers to capture candid moments and Instagram-worthy photos. But apart from being eye-candy to photographers and Instagrammers, this shopping mall is also beaming with a variety of food restaurants and serves as a venue to live performances and street acts!
Bonifacio High Street is not like typical shopping malls in Metro Manila which are mostly indoors. Its mix of high-end retail shops, restaurants, leisure, and entertainment spots are spread across the sprawling assortment of open-air shopping and indoor commercial buildings. Within the area, you’ll find a balance between modern architecture and nature so there are unlimited spots that you can consider as Instagram-worthy. Be surrounded by greeneries or strike a pose beside a modern work of art – perfect for your OOTDs and for posting on Instagram!
If you’d like to add some unusual and crazy poses to your feed, better head over to HappyWorld Museum Miracle Art in Taguig City! Featuring life-sized optical illusions that seem to pop off the walls, this museum is perfect for kids and kids-at-heart. Have fun posing beside animals and characters that seem to come to life, watch as you fall into the waterfalls, or how about pose for a photo wherein your head seems to be misplaced? Snap up some optical illusions and bring a fun vibe to your Instagram feed!
Spend a good half day immersing yourself in science exhibits and capturing fascinating works and inventions at The Mind Museum, the first world-class Science Museum in the Philippines. Unlike other museums that seem boring with all those explanations, The Mind Museum has over 250 interactive exhibits and displays that will unleash your curiosity and creativity. There are galleries called The Atom Gallery, Life Gallery, Earth Gallery, Universe Gallery, and Technology Gallery and it would be a mistake not to take photos of these enchanting displays!
The BGC Arts Center serves as home to Filipino artists and those who have a passion for art. It comprises three sections, namely the Maybank Performing Arts Theater, the Alveo Central Plaza, and the Sun Life Amphitheater – each having distinct features. The Maybank Performing Arts Theater boasts a striking geometric facade for indoor events, whereas the Alveo Central Plaza and Sun Life Amphitheater serve as venues for cultural bazaars and open-air events. There’s never a dull moment in this corner where everything is about the arts, so grab the opportunity to celebrate its beauty by taking photos of exhibits and displays.
Originally constructed as a traffic circle within Bonifacio Global City, it soon became a hotspot with the emergence of dining restaurants and up-and-coming hangout areas. There’s a variety of bars, cafes, clubs, and restaurants where you can experience alfresco dining and enjoy the area’s spacious environment. At the center of Burgos Circle, there lies a small park which features The Trees, a bronze and brass sculpture by Reynato Paz Contreras. This work of art is considered remarkable as it is the first public art displayed in the city.
This 12-hectare garden community houses a mix of mid-rise and high-rise residential condominiums, Serendra Plaza, and a dedicated landscape of greeneries and open spaces – which is about 65% of its overall design. It’s often lauded for its elegant appearance which combined European-inspired motifs with the Filipinos’ “bahay na bato” (stone-style houses) design. Being one of the most pedestrian-friendly places in Manila, don’t dare to miss out strolling around the block, appreciate its unique beauty, and take photos of this Instagrammable area.
Globe Iconic Store Bridge
In 2016, Globe opened its world-class flagship retail, entertainment, and music hub called The Iconic Store. But apart from serving the Filipino digital lifestyle and providing an innovative retail space, locals are being drawn into the establishment because of its Gen3 aesthetic design – thus, making it one of the most recognized architectural designs in the city of Taguig. Its glass bridge, which links the two Globe stores on opposite ends, has become a favorite spot for Instagrammable photos. This bridge also lets visitors capture some of BGC’s best skylines and top shot views.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
BGC Greenway Park
BGC’s Greenway Linear Park is the longest urban linear park in Metro Manila. And, it’s not just a safe place for biking, strolls, jogs, or walking your dogs. It’s a go-to place for tourists looking for some downtime and provides a perfect view (and ambiance!) worth capturing for your Instagram feed! This 1.6 km stretch of landscaped expanse connects McKinley Parkway to different offices and residential buildings. These patches of green space let you lounge around or go for a picnic with family and friends. Sometimes, there are even flea markets and pop-up bazaars being held in the area.
Street art and wall murals
Within Bonifacio Global City, visitors are bound to find immense street art, graffiti and wall murals created by both local and international artists. These public works of art have been in the city since 2015 – the year when the Bonifacio Arts Foundation (BAFI) started holding the annual ArtBGC festivals. Murals have added a touch of character to boring walls to catch the attention of onlookers and passers-by. Nate Frizzell’s works, “Pangako” by Anjo Bolarda, and Between the Lines by Cyrcle are just some of the murals that deserve your attention and are worth posting on your IG feed.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.