Get a taste of what Kolkata has to offer with these seven outstanding Instagram accounts focusing on the city. From the exciting local culinary scene to the stunning architecture, these Instagrammers have managed to capture the very essence of Kolkata on their feeds.
The Best Of West Bengal, India
Claiming to be the most popular Kolkata/West Bengal related page on Instagram, this page curates the best photographs from the hashtag #onlyinbengal. Featuring a range of richly colored, high quality images capturing moments from everyday life in Kolkata as well as other cities in West Bengal, The Best Of West Bengal will temporarily satisfy your wanderlust until you can actually make your way to the City of Joy.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
As one of the largest online communities for food connoisseurs in the city, Kolkata Foodies is a fantastic account to follow if you are keen on staying updated with the city’s culinary scene. They frequently post content on new restaurant and bar openings, as well as suggestions for dishes to try at eateries across the city.
Curating from #ig_Calcutta, this account features a stunning collection of images from Kolkata. Calcutta Instagrammers includes everything from street photography, portraits to images of food from the city’s restaurants. Images are mostly vividly colourful and high definition, but you will also find stunning black and white photography – all of which convey unique vistas from different parts of the city.
If you enjoy content posted by Calcutta Instagrammers, you should definitely check out its founder and key curator’s page – @deckle_edge. Featuring mostly street photography or lush landscapes from around the city, this Instagram page is a must follow for anyone who enjoys photography as well as Kolkata. He also frequently posts high quality images from other parts of the country while travelling, giving you one more reason to hit ‘follow.’
Ritika Jaiswal’s Kolkata Foodie is a delight for anyone who enjoys food – particularly that from the City of Joy. Not only does she post restaurant reviews as well as food related news from the city, but her page also frequently features curated lists of eateries to visit for occasions from Durga Puja to Valentine’s Day. A lot of her content focuses on dessert places in the city –so if you have a sweet tooth, you will really love this page.
From street food to stunning shots of the Howrah Bridge, So Kolkata curates images covering every aspect of life in Kolkata. If you are looking to experience Kolkata vicariously through Instagram, then look no further than this vibrant page with striking, colourful and high quality photographs from the City of Joy.
Calling himself a proud observer of the city, this Instagrammer features stunning photographs that tell everyday stories from Kolkata’s streets. Calcutta Kobiyal features images in black and white as well as colour, and includes everything from portraits to shots of busy streets.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.