The mention of “date” always manages to tickle your stomach and flutter the wings of your heart, doesn’t it? Two people meet and through the course of it, they decide, or at least try to, whether they like one another enough to meet the next time. Mumbai has about 18 million people right now and there are millions looking for the right person. If there’s a special someone you’re going to meet, why waste the time doing what has been a million times before? Here are ten ideas to have fun with your date in Mumbai.
Hey, there’s no better way to find your way into a person’s heart than to be kind to animals. If you and the one you are about to meet likes animals, or cats to be precise, then you can head to this lovely café called Cat Café Studio in Versova. The café has tons of rescued cats who get treated and sheltered there. So, eat, banter, chill, and pet some cats!
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
For the Foodies
If you are a true Mumbaikar, you will love fish and every seafood dish. A unique way to spend your time with a person you like is to eat with them, especially if he/she is also a foodie. Versova village is host to Konkan food festivals every now and then. Old grannies and mummies take to kiosks and cook seafood dishes on the street. An open street, freshly cooked seafood—what else would you possibly need?
The Artsy Kinds
If you are one who appreciates art and you think your date will enjoy it too, then an art gallery hop in Mumbai is not a bad idea at all. Love can blossom as you two walk around looking at paintings and tell each other your own interpretations.
Tell Me a Joke
The best way to tell if you like a person is to observe what they laugh at. So, take your date to a fun comedy show and laugh your way to love. The comedy scene in Mumbai is really good and the performers will surely give you a fun evening to remember forever. Canvas Laugh Club is a well-known place that hosts comedy performers often. Book a show.
Go to a café and listen to people’s stories while you chat and eat, all open air. Sounds super, right? Prithvi café in Juhu has Caferati sessions where people are asked to narrate original stories and recite poems that they’ve written. Isn’t it a great way to spend an evening? Making your own story while listening to someone else’s!
Location and Phone Number:
This is a super fun idea for a date! Why not arrange for a pottery or painting workshop class with your date and have fun getting your hands dirty with clay or paint while learning something? A brilliant way to spend your day with a special someone, isn’t it?
This one is cheesy but, hey, why not? Do both of you love Shahrukh Khan and are suckers for Bollywood dramas? Watch the cult Bollywood film, Dilwale Dulhaniya Ley Jayenge, or DDLJ as it’s called in Maratha Mandir.
Surf the Ocean
This will need some planning. There are many private companies that will let you rent a yacht for a few hours to surf the Arabian Sea. Of course, this is going to cost you a bit more too. But, there’s no better way to make someone feel special and loved than taking them on a surfing ride to watch a beautiful sunset.
A Photo Walk
Both you and your date love photography? Mumbai has tons of places that will let you unleash your creative side. Sanjay Gandhi National Park in the morning is one of the best places to photograph. Or the two of you could go to South Mumbai and click the old streets and markets or the Victorian, art deco, Gothic architecture.
This is something Mumbaikars can look forward to! The city will have its own drive-in movie theatre in Bandra-Kurla Complex. A drive-in theater is probably one of the most romantic ways you could spend time with your loved one on a date.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.