The Seychelles looks like paradise with its pristine coral beaches, fringed with palm trees. But below the surface, this archipelago continues to impress with its abundance of marine life. Watch hawksbill turtles glide through the seagrass, against a kaleidoscopic backdrop of coral and tropical fish at these top places to go snorkelling in the Seychelles.
Dive into the turquoise waters while sailing around the Seychelles on an eight-day adventure with Culture Trip – with a chance to spot hawksbill turtles, if you’re lucky.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Dedicate a day on your sailing itinerary to exploring Sainte Anne Marine Park, off the coast of Mahe. This marine reserve – the first of its kind in the southwestern Indian Ocean – promises to impress even the most experienced of underwater explorers. Highlights include pristine coral gardens, sprawling seagrass meadows, and many types of rays including mantas, which swarm the area from April to December.
Play at being castaway on the tiny island of Cocos. This outcrop is the true vision of a desert island, with powdery white beaches, palm trees crowning the interior and azure waters lapping its shores. Take your tender to the beach and spend an afternoon snorkelling around the shallows, navigating large granite boulders as you go. These waters are home to everything from bigfin reef squid to hawksbill sea turtles.
Point your compass in the direction of Grande Soeur and enjoy the dreamy shores of this private island. The granitic outcrop, which is home to a small boutique hotel, is home to one of the region’s most beautiful beaches framed by lush foliage and large boulders. A coral reef stretches along the west side of the island with resident species including reef sharks and an array of tropical fish.
Moor up off St Pierre and prepare to be dazzled by the landscape lurking below the water’s surface. The tiny granite island, off the coast of Praslin, is part of a marine reserve and features a reef close to the shore. A stop here makes for a great day trip in combination with Curieuse. This neighbouring island serves as a giant free-range zoo for hundreds of giant tortoises which were introduced between 1978 and 1982. A healthy number of turtles can also be found swimming here.
Get your camera ready for a trip to Anse Lazio on the northwest side of Praslin Island. This spot often crops up in lists of the world’s most beautiful beaches, thanks to its postcard-perfect scenery. The best place to snorkel is between the granite boulders at the north end of the beach – keep an eye out for stingrays, moray eels, bluefin trevally and checkerboard wrasse.
If you’re looking for a magical turtle encounter, hop over to Desroches. This low-lying coral island – home to a slick eco-focused Four Seasons resort – is framed by swathes of seagrass which acts as an important territory for turtles. There are several beaches around the island, so you can spend the day doing a snorkelling crawl before sipping a well-earned fresh coconut at the resort bar.
While it might be one of the busier beaches in the Seychelles, lined with quaint restaurants, bars and hotels, Beau Vallon on Mahe shouldn’t be overlooked as a snorkelling destination. The southwest end of the beach is best for taking a dip. Expect clear, warm waters with excellent visibility and little to no current. Barracudas, hawksbill turtles and stingrays are among the marine life you might spot here.
Gear up for a snorkelling trip to remember at Bird Island, the northernmost outcrop in the Seychelles archipelago. This small coral island is known for its wildlife, both above and below the water. Pop on your gear, navigate the powdery beaches and take a dip below the surface. One of the best snorkelling spots is off Hirondelle Beach, where juvenile green turtles swim among the colourful coral. Conditions are best between October and April.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.