The sailing season in the Seychelles knows no bounds. Made up of 115 islands scattered liberally across the equatorial Indian Ocean, it enjoys a fantastic climate year-round, offering perfect white sand beaches and clear turquoise seas teeming with marine life. Set sail on a day trip from Mahé, one of the oldest granite islands on earth and the ideal launchpad for your yachting adventure around this heavenly archipelago.
Drift leisurely in other places like the Seychelles by joining a week-long sailing adventure with the Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Moor at Cote D’or to explore the second biggest island in the region. Its forests are so glorious, it was once thought to be the site of the original Garden of Eden. In the Vallée de Mai, a Unesco-listed site, you’ll find the famous, towering Coco de Mer palm trees and rare birds such as the black parrot. Anse Lazio beach is a must-see; find out for yourself if it really is the “world’s most beautiful beach”. As you’ll quickly realise, in the Seychelles, there’s a lot of stiff competition for that title.
La Digue Island
For a real slice of authentic Seychellois life, set your compass for La Digue, the easy-going, smaller sibling to neighbouring Mahé and Praslin. Do as the locals do and take a bike ride around this pretty island; at only three miles long and two miles wide, you won’t find it too strenuous. Drop in at La Digue Veuve Reserve to spot the rare paradise flycatcher among the takamaka and badamier trees. Don’t miss Anse Source d’Argent beach, gloriously unspoiled by commercialism.
North of Mahé Island
Although it’s home to the capital, Victoria, and is the international hub of the Seychelles, Mahé still has its fair share of tranquil spots and hidden treasures. Take a day to get acquainted with the island’s gentle breezes, tropical birds and tantalising beaches. Drop anchor at Beau Vallon beach and hike the coastal path over to Anse Major, a gem of a beach, set back in a small bay, sheltered by huge granite rocks and backed by lush rainforest.
St Anne and the National Marine Park
The St Anne National Marine Park is a pristine marine protected area, made up of six islands, just five km off the coast of Mahé. The park was the first to be established in the Indian Ocean in 1973 and is home to a startling array of marine life, such as bottlenose dolphins, hawksbill turtles and a mesmerising multitude of tropical fish. Snorkelling is the best way to appreciate nature’s dazzling display; you may even catch sight of green turtles feeding on the seagrass meadows. The Creole barbecue at the Jolly Roger Bar is a good stop-off point on the island of Moyenne.
Conservationists regard this beautiful island as one of the most significant areas of biodiversity in the Indian Ocean, thanks to the exquisite, unique flora and fauna found here. Happily, there’s limited development on Silhouette. However, a visit to the Eforea Spa in its deep jungle location within the Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort is a real treat. Follow it up with a trip to the 4th Degree beach bar for superbly fresh seafood, washed down with a cold glass of the local Seybrew beer.
Terese and Conception islands
Therese and Conception are two islands, just off the northwest coast of Mahé, that shouldn’t be missed. The latter has recently been made a wildlife reserve because it’s home to the extremely rare Seychelles white-eye bird, as well as the Seychelles kestrel and the Malagasy turtle-dove. Apart from bird-watching in the dense coconut groves, enjoy some of the best snorkelling among the technicolour coral reefs. A gentle cruise around the two islands makes a splendid day trip.
Curieuse and St Pierre Islands
Just northeast of Praslin lies the tiny islet of St Pierre, renowned for being the quintessential Seychelles tableau – a cluster of tall swaying palm trees atop a haphazard jumble of striped granite rock against an azure blue sky. It’s a hot destination for snorkellers and photographers alike, with sublime underwater scenes. Nearby Curieuse is famous for its turtle sanctuary, which you can reach by a 45-minute walk through the mangroves and coconut trees from Anse San José.
On the other side of Praslin lies Cousin Island, a nature reserve and bird sanctuary. As it is less than 800m (2,625ft) in diameter, the island has restricted access and can only be visited on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. It’s worth squeezing this into your itinerary, primarily for the view from the top of the island, reached by a narrow trail through the turtle enclosure and dense forest. Spotting various tropical birds here is almost a dead cert.
Explore other secluded spots like the Seychelles by booking one of Culture Trip’s premium multi-day Sailing Trips.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.