Just when you thought these Indian Ocean islands could not be any more luxurious, we throw in spa treatment villas, sea-spying yoga pavilions and speciality massages using the local flora.
There’s not much in your life that basking on the soft, white sands of the Seychelles, swimming in the bath-warm shallows and hiking the archipelago’s forest-knitted mountains can’t fix. And these Seychelles spa resorts have the added bonus of some of the world’s most fantastic spas, yoga pavilions and fitness centres, with internationally trained therapists on hand to soothe away every city-induced tension and ache. Here are the best hotels that put wellness – and you – first.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Just meditating among the giant granite boulders or on a sliver of perfect beach on the private island of Félicité is enough to slow your heart rate and restore your spirit. But time at the resort’s signature Six Senses Spa will move you to another level, with five treatment villas specialising in Seychellois and African-inspired scrubs, wraps and massages, and a yoga pavilion built on the rocks amid lush foliage.
There’s no way you can leave this Seychelles spa resort without a glow that comes from sunshine and well-being. When you’re not walking the silky sands of Praslin Island, swimming in the boundless blue sea, playing golf at the only 18-hole championship course in the Seychelles or savouring fresh island fare, you can indulge in treatments at the Constance Lemuria Spa. Signature products celebrate Indian Ocean flora, from deep-cleansing gels with pineapple and papaya extract, to hydrating cream with coconut milk and ylang-ylang oil.
The spa at this resort, on the untouched beach of Anse Louis on Mahé, lies in lush forest and is an especially peaceful place. Recline on a deck in the deep-green glow of ferns and palms while a therapist massages away city cares with practised strokes. Treatments use infusions of local herbs and fruits inspired by Eastern and Western practices to relax, rejuvenate and energise.
Swimming in crystal-clear water at a secluded beach or lounging at the infinity pool of your villa (one of just 10 on this pristine private island) are next-level ways to unwind. Enhance the effect at the mountain-top spa, with a muscled-up gym and yoga pavilion above the extraordinary view, and a range of age-old nourishing and rejuvenating treatments drawn from island and Asian traditions.
Walking the powdery sands and swimming in the iridescent waters of Anse Takamaka, one of the top beaches in the world, will retune your mind and body. If you fancy some additional self-care, Raffles provides it in style, with a 24-hour fitness centre, sensational spa swimming pool, sauna and jacuzzi, and 12 treatment pavilions overlooking the indigo ocean.
The natural stone walls of the villas at this private retreat on La Digue island create a sense of calm grounded in nature on this unspoilt stretch of coastline. The Eden Rock Spa and Wellness Centre cultivates it further, with its own range of wellness products, Nourished by Nature, infused with the heady aroma of ylang-ylang oil. Go for a package, and be steamed, polished and pummelled to perfection with a four-hands massage by two obliging therapists.
The unwinding starts the instant you drop your bags in your sophisticated suite with its own climate control (this is the Savoy, after all) and wander from your private terrace to the pale sands of Beau Vallon beach. The crescendo comes at the spa; try the heavenly indulgence of a coconut foot scrub with Seychelles pure-white sand, a warm bath in coconut oil and vanilla and an 80-minute massage with coconut-leaf oil.
Take time from strolling the beaches of your own private island, swimming, snorkelling and diving, to climb the rough-hewn stone steps to the Hilton’s Eforea Spa in the rainforest. Here, in glass-walled rooms that bring the green glow in, you will be treated to a range of rubs, wraps and massages.
How better to destress than by hiking to the summit of Mount Kempinski for spectacular views of the island of Mahé, or swimming lengths of an Olympic-size pool at the heart of this quietly stylish resort? There’s only one way: visiting the unassuming award-winning thatch-and-wood spa below the striking Baie Lazare granite rock formation, and being pampered with the locally produced Kokos (Creole for coconut) range developed from Seychellois palm fruit.
Start your day on this tiny private coral island with a yoga session on the airstrip, before snorkelling and diving to a dramatic maze of caves in a sheer drop-off. Later, wend your way to the spa, where five sun-bleached wooden suites open to the elements, for treatments with the sustainable organic skincare range Terres d’Afrique. Take part in a sensory connection ritual before heading back for a private dinner in your villa.
Wellness at this intimate boutique resort on three kilometres of fine ivory sand of Beau Vallon Beach begins with the natural coral reef 50m (165ft) out, which creates the ultimate water playground for swimming, snorkelling and kayaking. The Sesel Spa, with panoramic mountain views, has treatment rooms named after the seven essential oils used in the chakra-balancing treatments you will receive while chilling to soothing water sounds.
Secluded in tropical gardens above pristine Anse Lazio Beach on Praslin island, this exclusive little hotel will coax you into shape, whether you head for one of the two swimming pools or the big blue sea. The adults-only Black Parrot suites have a pool of their own and quieter vibe, for those in search of peace. When you’re not swimming, canoeing and paddleboarding, indulge in a massage at the Waterfront Spa.
For more options, discover our guide on where to stay in the Seychelles for a local experience and book now on Culture Trip.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.