The Seychelles is a paradise for beach lovers. Powdery white sand, dramatic granite boulders and swaying palm trees mark these coves out as some of the most beautiful in the world. Travelling by boat will ensure you have prime access – without the crowds. From Grande Soeur to Cocos Island, here’s our pick of the best Seychelles beaches.
Explore the finest coves in the Seychelles by booking onto Culture Trip’s eight-day group sailing holiday around the Sainte Anne Marine Park, La Digue and Praslin.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
The beach on Grande Soeur island makes for a sumptuous sight. Located in the middle of the granitic outcrop, the swathe of sand is framed by lush foliage and large boulders. Once you’ve had your fill of sunshine, cool off by taking a dip in the outstandingly blue waters. As Grand Souer is a private island with a small boutique hotel, arrangements must be made prior to mooring up.
Sitting pretty on the southernmost point of Mahe, Police Bay is a great place to sail to for the afternoon. One of the unique features here is that it’s connected to a freshwater lagoon – perfect for kayaking or stand-up paddleboarding, if you have the kit on board. Otherwise, enjoy the peaceful white sand, lapped by rolling waves, or clamber along the giant boulders to explore other secluded beaches around the corner.
Play at being castaway on Cocos Island, a minuscule granitic island, just a few miles from La Digue. This spot is the true vision of a desert island with a picture-perfect white sand beach, palm trees sprouting from the centre and fringed by azure waters. Pack a picnic before you tender ashore so you don’t need to forage for food, à la Robinson Crusoe.
Like a smile, the beach on Cousine Island curves around its coastline. After securing permission, moor up at the private island and jump ashore to enjoy its quiet surroundings. If you’re lucky, you might see a turtle as this granitic isle is an important nesting site – each season, more than 12,000 turtle hatchlings emerge from nests laid on the beach here.
Anse St José is one of the must-visit beaches on Curieuse – a gem of an island that sits just off the northern coast of Praslin. The beach, which is one of several on the island, makes for a tranquil spot to while away an afternoon, armed with a good book or picnic. Be sure to explore the rest of the small island as it serves as a free-range zoo for hundreds of giant tortoises, introduced between 1978 and 1982.
Fringed by mature palm trees and calm crystalline waters, Anse Volbert is a highly photogenic beach. Strike a pose reclining on one of the leaning palms or stay until sunset for the ultimate Instagram shot. Located on Praslin, it is one of the island’s longest strips of sand. The mirror-like waters make this a prime spot for swimming and snorkelling.
Point your compass in the direction of Anse Lazio on the northwest side of Praslin Island. This sandy cove is regarded as one of the world’s most beautiful beaches, thanks to its untouched scenery that looks like it’s been plucked from a postcard. Granite boulders can be found at each end of the beach and among the rocks around the bay, there’s some great snorkelling to be had. Once you’ve finished exploring, refuel at Villa Manoir down the road – they do a great Creole Sesel fish curry.
Another must-see beach on the northwest side of Praslin is Anse Georgette. It’s easiest to access this beach from the water – travelling by land requires navigating a winding trail through a resort area. This beach is set within a secluded cove and it offers plenty of space to set up camp and stay for several hours of relaxation. Visiting with your other half? Bring a bottle of bubbly to toast on arrival.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.