Partying in Cusco is an unforgettable experience – do it the right way at our pick of the best party hostels, available with Culture Trip.
The gateway to the ancient town of Machu Picchu, Cusco is full of history and charm. From archeological sites to museums, vibrant marketplaces, impressive architecture, there are endless options to experience one of the most fascinating cities in Peru. Book a night at one of these party hostels for an easy way to meet other travelers.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Milhouse is a lively hostel just two blocks from Plaza de Armas. It’s housed in a Spanish-style historic building, with the stonework and rounded arches for which Cusco is known, so you can party in style. The multi-story building is large, with communal spaces on the first floor and a rooftop terrace. Upstairs, there is a restaurant and bar area that comes alive at night.
The uber-stylish Selina offers an array of wellness activities; yoga, meditation and aromatherapy at the wellness center that’s perfect for detoxing after pisco sours the night before. The hostel has more of a bohemian hotel vibe, with a common kitchen, cozy library room, bar, and a hip restaurant with a glass ceiling. For a unique stay, book a night in the outdoor teepees, made from upcycled concrete featuring artwork by local artists.
No need to bring your earplugs to this hostel, the front desk is happy to provide them at checkin to help you drown out the noise at night. This casual hotel has an array of nighttime activities including salsa dancing lessons and karaoke. There’s an inner open courtyard-lounge area and a large communal kitchen. Plus, they provide free tea, a complimentary breakfast, and a free city map packed with suggestions of where to visit.
Set in an old-world building with whitewashed walls and a terracotta roof, this hillside hostel is buzzing with activity. Stay in the basic but comfortable dorms or upgrade to a private room for panoramic city views and a mural from the original building. During the day, join the free city walking tour. At night, party with the new friends you made in one of the many communal areas – there’s a hammock-lined courtyard and a bar that offers daily drink specials and themed nights.
Wild Rover is rambunctious, known for its lively Irish bar featuring live music, cheap booze, and sports on the television so you don’t miss your favorite team play. The restaurant serves international dishes, with a balcony where you can enjoy panoramic views of the city. This hostel is large, so there are plenty of options including private rooms and pod-style bunk dorms. Plus, they insulated the walls, ensuring you’ll get a great night’s sleep before your early morning treks or excursions.
Near the main plaza, Kokopelli is a premium budget hostel that won’t break the bank. It has private rooms with balconies, economy dorms, and pod bunks with privacy curtains, while rustic wood furnishings are combined with striking modern murals. Start your day with the complimentary breakfast buffet before attending the free walking tour provided by the hostel. With regular activities held nightly at the Pisco House Restaurant, a games room, and a Spanish colonial courtyard, there are plenty of opportunities to be entertained.
Within walking distance to the stalls at Mercado Central de San Pedro, Pirwa Hostel Colonial is just two blocks from the main square. The staff are friendly and happy to arrange tours and transfers for the rest of your journey. Basic dorms and private rooms surround the two courtyards. A basic Peruvian breakfast is provided free of charge and includes fruit, bread and coffee.
This Peruvian chain of beach-inspired, laid-back hostels has a location in Cusco near Plaza de Armas. There’s an amazing terrace full of hammocks, thatched umbrellas, and greenery. The interior has a bachelor pad vibe, but with all the fun you’ll be having at the Pointless Bar, you won’t even notice. They regularly hold activities, usually centered around drinking games to get the night started.
This is a rewrite of an article originally by Harry Stewart.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.