Cerro Concepción, Valparaiso, is a charming Chilean neighborhood situated on a large hill 70 miles northwest of Santiago. An area known as “Valpa” to the locals, it boasts a vibrant and eclectic arts scene with kaleidoscopic graffiti visible at every turn, and it is supposed that, hundreds of years ago, mythical creatures lived harmoniously here at the top of the hill. And what happens when the sun goes down? Once you’ve reached the top of Cerro Concepción, watch the South American sun set spectacularly over the city, and don’t go back down. These are the top 10 bars in the area sure to make for an exciting and enjoyable night.
SaborColor exudes a warm and relaxed ambiance, making it a great spot for couples looking for a romantic dinner and drinks, and a top place for friends seeking excellent cocktails under dim, atmospheric lighting. You’ll be amazed at the amount of drink combinations the menu offers in this charming renovated casona, which has always been a favorite meeting place among both enthusiastic locals and excited tourists.
Address and Telephone:SaborColor, Templeman 561, Cerro Concepción, Valparaíso, Chile; +56 32 259 8472
Hidden inside the Gran Hotel Gervasoni, La Terraza is an establishment renowned for its enormous outdoor seating space. It serves a buffet breakfast for tourists staying at the hotel during the day, and amazing cocktails for visitors during the evening. Here you’ll find the most breathtaking views overlooking the pretty port, the bustling bay and all of Valparaiso’s Cerros, or hills. Twinkling lights invite tourists to order tasty cocktails at the terrace, and we can assure you, the laid-back atmosphere here will ensure you’ll end up staying longer than planned.
Address and Telephone:La Terraza, Paseo Gervasoni Nº1, Cerro Concepción, Valparaíso, Chile; (56 – 32) 223 92 36
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Situated on one of the most traditional and ancient Cerros in Valparaíso, Hotel Brighton also operates as a Boutique Hotel. A terrace with a spectacular view of the whole bay is waiting to be discovered here, and guests can enjoy a piece of peace and quiet whilst sampling some of the most exquisite cocktails and traditional beverages of the area. Recline at one of the spacious and airy outdoor tables here to witness a splendid Chilean sunset.
Address and Telephone: Hotel Brighton, Paseo Atkinson 151 – 153, Cerro Concepción, Valparaíso, Chile; +56 32222 3513
Stand-up comedy, live music and excellent mojitos make Tertulia a favorite among both locals and tourists. Get there early, because later on during the evening the place can get pretty crowded. A great place to have some good conversation in a lively atmosphere with friends whilst enjoying some quality cocktails.
Address and Telephone:Tertulia, Esmeralda 1083 (Almirante Martinez), 2361888 Valparaíso, Valparaíso, Chile; +56 32 221 0905
Located in the heart of Cerro Concepción, Plaza Cumming has a special menu that changes everyday, but it is always sure to include a tangy Pisco Sour or a top-notch glass of wine. The main goal here is to offer a wide variety of plates to appeal to both vegetarians and carnivores, which the venue does successfully. And with such a diverse variety of colorful beverage concoctions available, the only question is, which cocktail are you going to try first?
Address and Telephone: Plaza Cumming, Condell 1154, Cerro Concepción, Valparaíso, Chile;
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.