Brazil has several significant fitness gurus, bloggers and Instagram stars to brag about. In a country where aesthetics are important and fitness is a common lifestyle choice, many fitness stars have earned celebrity status. Here is your lowdown on the must-follow fitness bloggers from Brazil.
Born and raised in the Southern City of Curitiba, Eva Andressa started her fitness journey when she was 17 years old after feeling unsatisfied with her slender frame. Soon after she started training, Andressa met her husband-to-be, personal trainer Jardel Barros, who helped Eva to train and gave her the confidence she needed to compete. By the age of just 21, she entered her first competition, the 2005 NABBA Lobo Bravo Cup in Brazil, and gained the Figure Champion title. This quickly led to a series of impressive wins in body fitness competitions. Today, Andressa is a fitness model and has become a successful fitness guru in Brazil and the rest of the world over.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Fernando Luiz – aka Sardinha – is one of Brazil’s greatest and most famous bodybuilding athletes. Sardinha started working out at the tender age of 15 when he wanted to improve his physical condition to help better his performance in martial arts. It was during his workouts when Sardinha found his love for weights and bodybuilding. Having performed in several competitions and championships with excellent results, his blog and Instagram pages aim to inspire and educate fellow fitness enthusiasts about the golden rules of working out.
Felipe Franco is a well respected bodybuilder in Brazil and has achieved great success in his 35 years; including participating in several national competitions and competing in the famous Mr. Olympia. In addition to being a popular fitness guru, blogger and personal trainer, Franco is also a Physical Education teacher and even studied a post-graduation on the subject. His blog, website and Instagram pages are regularly updated with motivational tips and results-driven workout routines.
One of the most famous female bodybuilders in Brazil, Gracyanne Barbosa is a national inspiration. She started her career soon after leaving law school – due to financial difficulties – and became a dancer. Fast forward to present day and Barbosa is now a carnival dancer and fitness model. Gracyanne’s Instagram pages are loaded with inspirational tips, motivational pictures of her sculpted body, and fun workout routines. She has also starred on the cover of Brazilian Playboy magazine.
Gabriela Pugliese is one of Brazil’s most established bloggers and Instagrammers. She isn’t a bodybuilder per se – instead, she strives to keep a toned body with workouts, aerobics, and healthy eating. Gabriela’s claim to fame first came about when she started posting pictures of her early morning routines, at a time when fitness pages on Instagram weren’t such a big deal. After receiving a lot of positive feedback, Pugliesi decided to use her Instagram to motivate other people. Nowadays, she has over three million followers and a highly successful blog.
Brazilian fitness muse, Bella Falconi, has developed a strong following, with over 3 million followers on Instagram, and a thriving blog presence that includes online coaching sessions. Bella’s background focuses on nutrition, and she has a degree and Masters to show for it. Falconi’s blog is an inspirational combination of food tips, meal plans, healthy eating advice, and workouts that are accessible and practical for everyone. She currently lives in America and her blog is available to check out in both English and Portuguese languages.
Bernardo Wolf is a personal trainer who aims to develop a healthy body through correct eating and tailored workouts which are designed for optimal fat burn. His main focus is centered around HIT sessions – High-Intensity Training – and fat loss. He’s also the creator of PFB (Personal Fat Burn). If performed correctly, PFB will provide six-month results in just six weeks with a series of daily six minute, high-intensity workout sessions. Bernardo’s blog goes into greater detail about these personalized training sessions and offers realistic tips for healthy eating.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.