Home to the European-esque city of Buenos Aires and the astonishingly diverse natural landscapes of Patagonia, Argentina is one of South America’s primary travel destinations. From art walks to Tango dancing, photography excursions to wine tasting day trips, these ten tours represent the best of Argentine culture.
San Telmo Art and History Walk
As the oldest neighbourhood of Buenos Aires, San Telmo offers a wealth of charming, colonial architecture, historic cafes, cobblestone streets and cultural centres. The San Telmo Art and History Walk gives visitors an in depth tour of this multifaceted district, balancing accounts of its past with guides to its contemporary culture. Visitors learn about San Telmo and Argentina’s Spanish colonial origins, the Dirty War and contemporary politics. Meanwhile the arts portion of the tour concentrates on the practice of street art in the area, the work of local artists such as Grolou, and the tradition of fileteado, a particular kind of illustration unique to Buenos Aires. San Telmo Art and History Walk
Eternautas | Buenos Aires Architecture Tour
Beginning with Spanish colonial structures and culminating in the avant garde structures of Santiago Calatrava, Buenos Aires offers an eclectic sampling of architectural styles. Eternautas’ Buenos Aires Architecture Tour exposes travellers to the vast architectural heritage of this marvelous city. In addition to the colonial style buildings of the city’s early years and the controversial postmodern design of Calatrava and Norman Foster, groups are exposed to the belle époque and brutalist language of the the financial district. Although tours focus mostly on the structures’ facades, groups are able to enter some buildings to see particularly distinctive features. Eternautas | Buenos Aires Architecture Tour Eternautas +54 11 5031 9916
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
UNICOTRIP | Buenos Aires Tango Tour
The tradition of Tango was born from the merging of European and African dance tendencies by communities of former slaves in South America. Tango did not begin as a single style of dance but as an array of dances practiced in the various regions around Argentina and South America, which were eventually grouped under a single name. UNICOTRIP’s Buenos Aires Tango Tour provides insight into this iconic element of Argentine Culture. Groups are brought to the best dance venues around the city, from milongas to bars and on to the city’s charming San Telmo neighbourhood, for a truly local Tango experience. UNICOTRIP +54 11 4772 2092
Parilla Tour Buenos Aires
The Parilla is the quintessential Argentine steakhouse, serving up the masterfully meaty dishes for which Argentina is known worldwide. Parilla Tour Buenos Aires helps travellers avoid the tourist trap restaurants the dominate the main streets and boulevards of the nation’s capital city. Instead groups are shown where the real locals eat, allowing them to experience the best Porteño flavours. Walking tours include visits to three authentic restaurants for a sampling of specialty dishes and Mendoza wines, followed by a trip to one of the best heladerias, or ice cream shops, in the city. Guides offer their deep knowledge of the local culture and cuisine to accompany the enjoyment of expertly prepared Argentine cooking. Parilla Tour Buenos Aires +54 9 11 5808-9687
Eternautas | Art in Buenos Aires
Eternautas’ Art in Buenos Aires tour leads visitors to Argentina’s most notable works of art, exhibited in highly respected museums and galleries across the city. The National Museum of Fine Arts is home to works by Argentine artists of the 19th and 20th century, as well as as a highly impressive collection of European art from the Medieval period up through to modernity. A tour of the Museo de Arte Latinoamericano de Buenos Aires provides a unique opportunity to see the works of significant 20th century Latin American artists gathered in a single location. The excursion ends with a stop at one of the city’s foremost contemporary art galleries, offering insight into the more cutting edge aspects of the art scene in Buenos Aires. Eternautas +54 11 5031 9916
Argentina 4 You | Cordoba City Tour
Named after the Spanish city of the same name, Cordoba is Argentina’s second largest metropolis, and boasts a plethora of historical buildings and landmarks from the era of Spanish colonial rule. Located in the centre of the country, surrounded by the scenic Sierra mountains, Cordoba has its own unique history, dominated by the tales of its founding Jesuit priests. The city is also an intellectual centre, and is home to the University of Cordoba, Argentina’s oldest university. Argentina 4 You’s Cordoba City Tour exposes visitors to the elegant architectural landscape, stunning natural beauty and the fascinating cultural identity of this often overlooked city. Argentina 4 You +54 11 32210024
Aventura Argentina | Photography Tour
Aventura Argentina’s Photography Tours bring travellers to the Southernmost tip of the country for a lesson in nature photography. Professional photographer guides offer their extensive knowledge of the medium and experience of the diverse Patagonian terrain to help both digital and film enthusiasts take the best possible pictures of this one of a kind region. Groups are also accompanied by a logistical manager, allowing guides to direct their full attention towards helping individuals improve their photos. At the end of the trip, travellers come away from their adventure with the ultimate souvenir in the form of professional quality images worthy of National Geographic. Aventura Argentina +44 751 519 9314
Mendoza Holidays | One Day Wine Tour
The Mendoza Province is one of Argentina’s most important wine region, attracting hoards of wine aficionados in search of the country’s prized Malbec, Cabernet and Chardonnay grapes. Mendoza Holidays, a division of Cellar Tastings, organises private wine tours for small groups wishing to visit a collection of the areas best vineyards. These small scale tours allow for customised tasting experiences and facilitate discussion type interactions rather than the standard lecture based tours offered by most. Less expensive group tours are also on offer, designed to follow a schedule that would appeal to the average person but allowing flexibility to linger longer at prefered destinations. Mendoza Holidays +54 261 4297730
UNICOTRIP | Argentina Language Trip
The only way to properly learn a language is to become truly immersed in it. For this reason UNICOTRIP has developed the Argentina Language Trip for individual travellers and groups. Customised tours bring clients to preferred destinations, with a special focus on locations not typically found on the tourist trail. UNICOTRIP allows individuals to improve their Spanish language skills while experiencing the culture, history, and astonishing natural beauty of this one of a kind country. Trips are also offered to Chile, Bolivia, Brazil and Uruguay. UNICOTRIP +54 11 4772 2092
Argen-Travel | All About Evita Tour
Argen Travel’s All About Evita Tour delves deep into the life and influence of María Eva Duarte de Perón, known as the spiritual leader of the nation. As the wife of Argentinian president Juan Perón, Evita’s commitment to the struggle of Argentina’s poor and working classes inspired much adoration, and was the subject of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Tony Award winning musical bearing her name. Argen Travel’s half day tours lead groups to the Buenos Aires neighbourhoods of Palermo and Barrio Norte, to the Presidential Palace, Congress, the official Evita Museum and Foundation as well as several surprise stops that reveal the private life of this Argentinian icon. Argen Travel 770 891 7510
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.