Australia is known for its stunning scenery and vast outback. With bustling cities scattered around the country, the real star of the show is the natural world. These natural wonders will take your breath away!
Did you know – Culture Trip now does bookable, small-group trips? Pick from authentic, immersive Epic Trips, compact and action-packed Mini Trips and sparkling, expansive Sailing Trips.
Great Barrier Reef
One of Australia’s most iconic natural wonders, the Great Barrier Reef is a must-visit for those who love the ocean.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Shark Bay is renowned for its natural beauty, with aqua blue water, white sand and red earth. It’s been described as one of the most remarkable places on earth.
This sacred site is one of Australia’s most well known natural wonders and has to be seen to be believed. Once visited, it’s never forgotten.
The collection of limestone stacks off the shore of the Port Campbell National Park, by the Great Ocean Road, make for the perfect road trip. Whether it be at dawn or dusk, this scenic view is one for the bucket list.
Situated 77km from the hustle and bustle of Sydney, these mountains are picturesque. As one of Australia’s most spectacular natural parks, the Blue Mountains are dotted with guesthouses that make for the perfect stay-cation.
As the water cascades over the huge cliffs into a deep pool, MacKenzie Falls offers the most peaceful setting. Be sure to pack your hiking boots as there are endless trails to explore.
The Horizontal Falls
This pair of stunning breaks in the McLarty Range attracts thousands of tourists via seaplanes to observe one of the greatest natural wonders of the Kimberley Coast.
Known as the world’s largest sand island, Fraser Island is for those who love an exciting outdoor adventure.
Kakadu National Park
With challenging treks dotted throughout, it is certainly one for the daring explorer!
The Great Ocean Road
The ultimate road trip – The Great Ocean Road is not only stunning, but has cute towns to visit on the way.
Amidst the often harsh outback terrain, the Katherine Gorge is an oasis.
Enjoy a 4WD sane dune experience through the limestone formations that are claimed to be Western Australia’s most prominent tourist destinations.
The name is a bit of a giveaway, but this remote island is the perfect place to be at one with nature and spot a few roos.
Daintree River and Rainforest
Where the forest meets the sea.
Filled with sand dunes, salt crusted lakes and wildflowers, The Simpson Desert lies across the corners of three states – South Australia, Queensland and the Northern Territory.
The striking natural landscapes is one to explore – home to hidden gorges and a unique range of wildlife, observe the natural wonder by foot or plane.
Lord Howe Island
One of Australia’s best kept secrets, Lord Howe Island is sub tropical island located 1400km off Australia’s east coast. It’s a world heritage site and home to some of the most stunning scenery in the southern hemisphere.
This has to be visited to be believed. White sandy beaches with bright aqua water. It’s only 3 hours from busy Sydney but feels like a whole world away.
Mon Repos Conservation Park
Over the summer, witness the majestic sea turtles who make their journey to the shore to nest and hatch their eggs. It is an experience like no other.
Only a short 25 minute ferry from Fremantle, Rottnest Island is found off the coast of Western Australia. The popular island boasts picturesque scenery of crystal clear waters and is home to stunning marine life.
The Lost City
One hour’s drive from Darwin, the Lost City is found at the end of a treacherous 4WD track in Litchfield National Park. Explore the giant pillars of sandstone that boast a rich ochre hue from the comfort of your own canoe. The spectacular formations will leave you in awe.
Found half way up the West Australian coastline, the Ningaloo Reef is a World Heritage-listed site. It is considered one of the most spectacular destinations that attracts a congregation of diverse marine life. Be adventurous and explore the reef to find secluded spots to enjoy.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.