Thanks to its world-renowned ski slopes, incredible range of hiking trails and crisp mountain air, Jackson Hole will keep the whole family happy throughout the seasons. Jackson Hole’s hotels are the perfect gateway to experiencing the wild majesty and the amazing hospitality of this remarkable region. Here are the best family-friendly hotels that even adults will love, from cozy cabin-style lodging to luxurious tents.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Snake River Lodge and Spa
Snake River Lodge, nestled below the mountains in Teton Village, features rustic log architecture, Western decor and a cozy atmosphere – perfect for families looking for a home away from home. Kiddies will enjoy the heated swim-through, indoor-outdoor pool and grotto waterfalls, evening nature walks, wildlife safaris and the new Junior Ranger Program, while adults catch some R&R in the stone saunas and steam rooms, indoor and outdoor jacuzzis, the 17,000sqft (1,580sqm) spa, fitness room and lounge areas. Plus, there are homemade cookies and hot chocolate, a Back Country Adventure Center for outdoor adventures, and concierge services for finding family-friendly activities in Jackson Hole. Pro tip: take the kids next door to the famous Jackson Hole Mountain Aerial Tram for unforgettable views of the mountain.
Four Seasons Resort Jackson Hole
The Four Seasons Resort in Jackson Hole is where luxury meets the outdoors. The resort offers many kid-oriented activities, babysitting and a multitude of kids’ items in case you’ve left them at home (think playpens, strollers and baby toiletries), and with multi-room suites available, complete with a full kitchen, en-suite laundry and a living area, families can feel right at home. Other perks include Base Camp activities, the Kids Club (games + more), an outdoor pool and jacuzzis, ski and snowboard lessons and Explorer Backpacks – an adventure kit with sun paper, a compass and binoculars.
Cowboy Village Resort
With its cozy log cabins, picnic tables and outdoor BBQs, Cowboy Village Resort is perfect for families looking for that camping feel without breaking the bank. Located in the heart of downtown Jackson, guests can still experience the beauty of Wyoming’s wilderness (just a short drive from the Elk Refuge and Grand Teton National Park) while also taking advantage of the lively town center, shopping and restaurants. All cabins come with kitchenettes, or you can opt for the lodge family suite, complete with a full kitchen, flat-screen TV and twin bunk beds for the kiddos. Plus, there’s laundry on-site, free shuttles and an indoor pool and jacuzzi.
Fireside Resort is bringing extravagance to the tent. Famed for its ‘glamping’ (glamorous camping) accommodations in Jackson Hole, Fireside is where families can enjoy the fun of camping without the hassle. While the kids may not appreciate the fine linens, king-size bed, or ‘Glamping Butlers,’ adults can relish in the posh amenities while the kiddos have fun sleeping under the stars, roasting marshmallows over their own private campfire and falling asleep to the sounds of nature. Choose from a cozy cabin or large, luxurious tent; and with its prime location just minutes from Grand Teton and Jackson, there’s plenty of things to do, including skiing, snowboarding and snowmobiling in the winter, and hiking and fishing during the warmer months.Pro tip: book early and save on a family-friendly package.
Teton Mountain Lodge and Spa
Teton Mountain Lodge manages to make family-friendly feel chic. The calm and waterslide-free pool will keep parents happy, and the spa even has a range of treatments that kids will love – from the Young Athlete Massage to the Little Fingers & Toes nail-painting treatment. There are three skiing mountains just minutes from the hotel, so you can hit the slopes with little ones knowing you’re just moments from the warmth of the hotel should they get tired. Rooms come in a range of styles, including a three-bedroom penthouse for an extra-luxurious stay.
Molly Codyre contributed additional reporting to this article.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.