Casper, Wyoming is the second biggest city in the state, and it has a long history connected to cowboys and the oil industry. It’s also been recognized as one of the best small cities to raise a family and it’s well known for its friendly character. Check our our picks for Casper’s 10 best restaurants.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
It’s common knowledge that some of the best ethnic restaurants are also some of the least assuming, and Pho Saigon perfectly fits that bill. It’s a no-frills sort of a place, but it offers some truly delicious pho, which is the perfect way to warm you up in winter or clear out your sinuses if you add the hot chili or Sriracha sauce. Come hungry as the portions are huge.
Eggington’s really know their way around an egg, and they’re not afraid to brag about it. Their omelets and frittatas come with all sorts of different ingredient combinations, and you’re also welcome to build your own. There’s a hefty Mexican representation in their huevos rancheros and various breakfast burritos, quesadillas, and even chiles rellenos.
FireRock Steakhouse knows that American food is as big and diverse a concept as the country itself, and when they claim to have a menu full of traditional American classics, they mean it. Maybe you’d like some barbeque — they have St. Louis-style ribs to fulfill that craving. If you want to go further south, try their chicken and biscuits. They have delicious salads of all types if you want something light, or perhaps you’d like to have a deli sandwich that tastes like it’s straight out of New York City.
Silver Fox Steakhouse
While Silver Fox Steakhouse does have plenty of vegetarian options, it’s a true haven for meat lovers. They take special care when picking out their cuts of meat, so they guarantee that it will be of the highest quality. The steak is the main event, but their seafood and chicken choices are also excellent — as are their classic desserts. If you want to try something a little more exotic, don’t miss their appetizer of Rocky Mountain oysters.
A true local favorite, Sherrie’s is a great place to come for a tasty and fresh breakfast or lunch. The portions are generous, and the meat for the sandwiches is hand-sliced and very flavorful. Save room for dessert because their pies and their milkshakes are truly delicious. It’s also a great place for veggie dining.
Guadalajara is Casper’s favorite family-owned Mexican dining spot. The extensive menu includes enchiladas, burritos, and chimichangas. As any good Mexican restaurant should, they offer some good margarita choices to accompany your meal.
If you’re a person who loves variety, Dsasumo will be your own personal wonderland. This combined sushi and Asian-fusion restaurant will wow you with its selection, which has its roots in sushi and Thai cuisine but also extends to include dishes from all around East and Southeast Asia. The sushi menu is perfect for both sushi connoisseurs and complete newbies who can all be assured that they’re in good hands with the inventive and trustworthy chef.
J’s Pub & Grill
You want your local pub to be warm and welcoming, the perfect place for formal or informal occasions on any day of the week, and J’s Pub & Grill is exactly that. Start with drinks and appetizers — chicken and chorizo nachos are highly recommended. Their main menu has something for everyone, whether you’re looking for burgers, steaks, pasta dishes, or personal pizzas. You’ll even find a couple of special Wyoming touches in the ‘Pub Favorites’ section of their menu, with their bison meatloaf and braised bison short ribs.
The Cottage Cafe
With the charming surroundings of an old house and the home cooking you’ll love, going to The Cottage Cafe is a bit like coming home. You’ll get a complimentary muffin with your drinks as soon as you arrive, and then you can just sit back and enjoy the atmosphere. They make their own honey-wheat bread, which adds a little something special to every sandwich built onto it. They also have salads, wraps, and pastas, all stuffed with the freshest ingredients.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.