Asiana Asian Cuisine Restaurant
Asiana Asian Cuisine Restaurant is the place to go for some of the finest Korean, Indian and Japanese food in Racine, far beyond your basic egg rolls and fried rice. Treat your taste buds to entrées such as the bulgogi, a stir-fry dish made with marinated, sliced beef and vegetables, pan-fried salmon with teriyaki, or, if you’re looking for a gastronomic adventure, the escargot.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
The Corner House
A lengthy yet straightforward menu, a classy ambience and luxurious décor have helped seal The Corner House’s status as a local hotspot for sophisticated yet affordable nights out since it opened decades ago. The quintessential supper club (a stylish yet reasonably priced dining establishment typically found in rural parts of the Midwest) makes incorporating fresh ingredients in its dishes a top priority. The venue even ages and hand-cuts all of its meats on-site, among them its outstanding prime rib.
With its combination of glamour and down-to-earth, Midwestern affability, The HobNob‘s dining experience is more than equal to one in Milwaukee or Chicago, Illinois, but without the hefty price tag. Find a spot in one of the 1950s supper club’s swanky leather booths to enjoy surf and turf and a cocktail while gazing out the windows; the sweeping view of Lake Michigan is reason enough to pay a visit. Don’t miss the extensive wine list or the playful ice cream drinks in flavors such a Chocolate Grasshopper, Golden Cadillac and Brandy Alexander.
The food of chef Javier Ortega of Javier’s Cuisine is a culinary adventure. Having worked in French, Italian, Asian and Mexican restaurants, the Guanajuanto native is able to skillfully meld the techniques and tastes of each locale’s foods into his own unique genre of cuisine. His repertoire includes creations such as pollo y camarón en chipotle, broiled chicken in a spicy cream sauce topped with shrimp and pico de gallo salsa and baked chicken pasta, made with sautéed chicken, mushrooms and shell pasta topped with creamy tomato sauce and baked with cheese.
With no bright, flashy signs announcing its presence, you’ll have to keep your eyes peeled if you intend to dine at Racine’s best-kept foodie secret, Olde Madrid. The humble and intimate Spanish restaurant’s tapas-style dining is vastly different to any other culinary experience you’ll find in the city. Within the warm, festive interior, you’ll find small plates of beef stew, almond meatballs, roasted chicken and cherries or large portions of paella, saffron rice with meat and/or seafood. Wash down with sangria or your favorite Spanish wine. On Monday nights, you can even partake in a Spanish cooking class with Chef Manny.
Sebastian’s Fine Food & Spirits
Sebastian’s Fine Food & Spirits French and Asian-inspired menu features dishes such as okinamiyaki pancakes, or Japanese-style vegetable cakes with sautéed spinach, red peppers and Sriracha mayonnaise and curry-rubbed duck breast grilled, sliced and served over local greens with an apricot-fig vinaigrette. Don’t miss the highly recommended lemon-panko crusted walleye with basil-infused Basmati rice either. The interior of the restaurant is just as captivating as the menu, evoking the snugness of a cabin with rich, hardwood floors and a roaring fireplace.
Wells Brothers Restaurant
Wells Brothers Restaurant’s pizza in Racine is Wisconsin’s answer to Illinois’ deep-dish pies. Founded in 1921 by Italian brothers James and Dominic Wells, the pizzeria has racked up both a dedicated local following and a mass of national awards. Its pie’s paper-thin crust and delicate balance of toppings has earned the restaurant a spot on the ‘Top 10 Best Pizzerias in America’ list among its many accolades.
Yardarm Bar & Grill
Step into the intimate Yardarm Bar & Grill, its rustic interior, bedecked with nautical flags and colored glass globes, for traditional European pub fare and some of the area’s best fish fry, from walleye and perch to mahi-mahi and sesame tuna. Other menu options include rack of applewood-smoked baby back pork ribs and garden veggie burger with japaleño mustard. No matter what you decide on, a side of Yardarm’s famous sand-dollar chips is a must. Mark your calendar on Wednesdays and some Saturdays to see local artists perform, since everything pairs well with live music.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.