A good brunch isn’t difficult to find in Spokane, Washington, where fresh ingredients come straight from local farmers to your plate. This vibrant city known for its rich heritage and breathtaking landscapes, promises a memorable gastronomic journey that leaves a lasting impression. Here are some of our favorite breakfast spots around the town.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Maple Street Bistro
A cute and hip bakery and café, Maple Street Bistro is an enjoyable way to wake up, sitting inside a cozy coffeehouse style café (complete with an overhead chalkboard menu) and gnawing on a warm, sticky, fresh made cinnamon roll or savory breakfast sandwich. For lunch options, they serve scrumptious sandwiches with homemade bread and fresh, crispy salads sprinkled with all sorts of deliciousness like creamy goat cheese. As a bakery, they’ve also got a variety of tempting desserts and cakes that look too gorgeous to eat.
A cozy and quaint home style restaurant, Chaps is like eating breakfast in your grandma’s kitchen, and the food made the way comfort food should be, with extra love. You’ll find plenty of breakfast options to choose from on the menu, from egg dishes and omelets to warm and fluffy ‘Blueberry Muffin French Toast’ served with potatoes and bacon to balance the sweetness. As a bakery, they sell many tasty pastries to pair with a coffee for a simple treat.
Cooking up killer savory breakfasts from a ‘Roasted Avocado Cured Tomato Omelet’ to homemade Biscuits and Gravy, Yards Bruncheon is the place to go for a filling breakfast. Your meal will be complete with thick slabs of toasted homemade bread and liberal pots of jam. A chic diner, Yards Bruncheon upgrades the usual American breakfast fare using fresh local and seasonal ingredients, as well as house baked breads and pastries. It’s a great place to stop by for a laid back, satisfying, and no fuss breakfast or brunch.
An upscale restaurant, Luna serves brunch, lunch, and dinner, as well as some tasty happy hour delights. Their brunch includes a few specialties like ‘Eggs Florentine’ and ‘Eggs Benedict,’ as well as ‘Summer Cassoulet’ with artichoke hearts, tomatoes, beans, greens, and a poached egg. If you’re looking for a fresh interpretation of the typical breakfast dishes, consider Luna. They’re a farm to table restaurant, sourcing fresh ingredients out of their own garden and from the surrounding farms as well as making absolutely everything in house, from bread to dessert.
The place to go for all sorts of tasty pancakes and pastries, as well as some decent goulash, Old European in Spokane specializes in the sort of international inspired sweet things you’d have a hard time finding in the U.S. Their specials include ‘Dutch Baby Pancakes’ and ‘Danish Aebelskivers.’ They also serve gooey cinnamon rolls and all kinds of pancakes, from buckwheat to Swedish.
A diner in an antique presidential passenger train car, Frank’s Diner is a quirky and fun place to go out for brunch. They serve tasty dishes like ‘Fried Green Tomatoes and Eggs’ and a variety of scrambles, omelets, and benedicts. Their dishes come with extra thick smoked bacon from their local providers Daily’s Farm, and Frank’s tries as best as they can to buy local and sustainable ingredients for their breakfasts. It’s a filling and tasty place to eat your first meal of the day.
A bustling diner with tasty, scrumptious breakfast fare like their ‘Signature Scramble’ with bacon, ham, and sausage scrambled with four eggs, hash browns, cheddar cheese, diced onions, and green peppers, Cottage Café is an easy favorite for breakfast in Spokane. They also serve gooey, sweet cinnamon rolls and a variety of omelets. It’s a cozy and easy going place to enjoy a darn good breakfast.
Serving a variety of tasty dishes for low prices in an intimate, small diner, Kalico Kitchen is another Spokane breakfast favorite. Their dishes include the ‘Spicy Pepper Omelet,’ complete with hash browns and toast for a hearty first meal of the day, and veggie omelet with mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach, and Swiss cheese. They also make fresh orange juice straight from whole oranges in their squeezing machine. They’re a great place for waffles if you’re looking for a sweeter treat, with strawberry and huckleberry toppings.
A diner with character, Satellite Diner is a solid breakfast and brunch spot in Spokane. You can order scrambles, scrumptious breakfast burritos, and tasty breakfast sandwiches, and they also offer a good choice of omelets and waffles, pancakes, and French toast. Their Bloody Marys are quite popular, and you have the option of stuffing your hash browns with sour cream and cheese.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.