No matter what brings you to Washington DC, you’ll find plenty of reasons to stay — character-rich neighborhoods, innovative restaurants, new friends soon to get to know. Whether you feel more at home amid the funky charm of Dupont Circle, the refabbed Navy Yard or downtown’s power corridor, options abound for extended stays. Choose from chic loft-style studios, modern efficiency apartments, and hotel suites fit for royalty.
Welcome to a first-class hotel experience you access with just the swipe of your smartphone. It’s one of the hottest properties operated by the next-gen hospitality service. What’ll you choose? An up-to-date studio? One- or two-bedroom apartment? You’ll be in DC’s trending Barracks Row neighborhood, whatever. Decor is comfortable and insta-ready — oriental rugs, tripod tables, cheeky-but-tasteful touches of wallpaper and animal print. Each unit has an ensuite washer-dryer and kitchen, but Barracks Row’s vibrant restaurant scene is steps away.
Here’s a classy compromise between a luxury hotel and a college dorm. Mingle with guests over cocktails and hors d’oeuvres in the drawing-room of this 1903 mansion. There are regular gourmet cooking lessons, author readings and other events. Afterwards, retreat to your immaculately designed micro-suite — white walls, bedroom lofts, fully equipped kitchenettes. You’re in the eclectic, chic Dupont Circle neighborhood, with a Metro station across the street, so the city’s at your fingertips.
With ample, free parking, green space, and a playground next door, this peaceful gated community almost makes you forget you’re in the heart of the city. These homey two-bedrooms give you — or the whole family — plenty of space to relax, thanks to comfy queen beds, overstuffed loveseats and pull-out sofas. Some units even have balconies. All this just two blocks from the Convention Center and eight blocks from the National Mall.
Imagine sleeping in an art gallery, with 400-thread-count sheets. Welcome to the Viceroy VIP experience. Their suites are among the largest in town, cocooned in velvet and suede earth tones that set off work by contemporary local artists. Mellow out to the Viceroy’s curated jazz playlist, featuring artists associated with the Logan Circle music scene. Later, check out the social scene at the Hush rooftop bar, or downstairs at BPM, where you can dine al fresco by the firepit all year round.
All the comforts of home — and then some — await you at the Eldon, across the street from the Convention Center and less than a mile from CityCenterDC Mall and The White House. The one, two- and three-bedroom suites check all the boxes with full-size appliances, granite countertops, down bedding, and spa-style showers. The concierge can arrange for in-room massage treatments or recommend nearby restaurants and cafes. You really are at home here.
You’ll be an instant local in Bluebird’s high-rise suites, overlooking DC’s revitalized West End. The vibe is clean and modern, with white walls, stainless steel appliances, hardwood floors and natural light pouring through windows. In warmer months, retreat to the hotel’s secluded courtyard to read a book, or take advantage of the resort-worthy rooftop pool area, complete with a barbecue grill, cabana seating, and views of the Washington Monument. Bonus: shop for healthy gourmet meals at the Whole Foods Market on the ground floor.
For more options, discover our guide to the best hotels in Washington DC with parking and book now on Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.