Arlington, Virginia, offers a wide selection of restaurants ranging from casual places to eat to fine dining. Classic American dishes are combined with international delicacies. These are 10 of the city’s best restaurants.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Jaleo Crystal City is one of the revolutionary restaurants under the direction of famed Spanish chef José Andres. This chef is a pioneer in bringing tapas to America and named among the 100 most influential people in the world by Time magazine in 2012. Jaleo’s menu is devoted to the inner flavors of Spain in the shape of its traditional small dishes, as well as paellas, sangría and a fine selection of Spanish wines. Simply prepared with the best ingredients available, these tapas reinvent the traditional dishes of Spain. They can be enjoyed in Jaleo’s casual and lively atmosphere.
Lyon Hall is a bustling brasserie serving classic French-German cuisine and a wide selection of some of the world’s most notable beers. These including 23 on tap and more than 50 bottled varieties. The menu features carefully sourced fish and meats, freshly baked bread, house-cured charcuterie and handcrafted cheeses. These are prepared on a daily basis by executive chef Matt Hill and sous chef Christopher Horton. Housed in a historic art deco building with an outdoor patio, Lyon Hall is a modern bistro. It offers the best produce of the season from local farms.
The Liberty Tavern
Located in the heart of the city, The Liberty Tavern is housed in a restored historic building. This popular restaurant offers a warm ambiance. Its modern American menu incorporates the highest quality seasonal products with in-house production, from bread and pasta, to sausages and desserts. The Liberty Tavern hosts an upstairs dining room along with a downstairs bar. It caters to those in search of a sophisticated, multi-course dinner, as well as those looking for a casual mid-week meal.
Rus Uz is a cozy restaurant located in the ground floor of an apartment complex in the Ballston neighborhood. It presents a blend of Russian and Uzbek traditional cuisine by the hand of chef and owner Bakhtiyor Rakhmatullaev. Seasonal menus are prepared with high-quality ingredients. Offered are delicacies that embrace the best of both countries together with an inspired modern touch. Rus Uz serves robust and fine fare with an exquisite variety of dumplings and meat. There is also a careful selection of wines along with Eastern European beers.
Ray’s The Steaks
With a seasonally changing menu, Ray’s The Steaks specializes in the finest natural, farm raised, corn fed, premium Angus & Hereford beef. This steakhouse presents hand-carved meat grilled to order over a high-temperature and open-flame. These dishes are served with sides of mashed potatoes and creamed spinach. The beef is aged in-house and all cuts are butchered daily. High-quality steaks and affordable prices make this restaurant a place to enjoy a delicious culinary experience in Arlington.
Green Pig Bistro
Green Pig Bistro has specialized in hearty, basic food since it opened its doors in 2012. This restaurant incorporates sustainably produced and locally sourced ingredients. It attempts to use every part of the animal from head to tail. The Bistro combines rustic, French cooking with an American flair while prices are kept affordable. Green Pig’s interior can be described as country chic. The communal chef’s table is made from repurposed barn wood and the kitchen utensils are antique. Meanwhile, the walls are covered with pages from culinary books.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.