The Beehive State is home to nature’s finest, with features like the Big Cottonwood Canyon and Arches National Park giving Utah a good reputation. Don’t forget about the state capital of Salt Lake City, set among the surrounding mountains. Book your cozy stay with Culture Trip to explore the best of Utah.
Long before Utah was a state, the lands within these borders were slowly preparing for your arrival. Amazing rock formations, colored canyons and snow-covered mountain peaks waited patiently, eroding and rising for thousands of years to provide you with an incredible experience. Thankfully, there just so happens to be a handful of cabins and lodges around these parts – now bookable with Culture Trip – to pamper you with that home-sweet-home feeling as you explore Utah’s natural beauty.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Your boss doesn’t need to know that you’re skipping the roadside motels in favor of Alta Peruvian. Your superior room has its own bathroom and won’t budge you out of your budget range. The business center downstairs has any machine you need to get the job done offline. Need to check in before a conference call? Pop in your headphones, put your line on mute, and take it in the sauna, all without breaking a – mental – sweat.
Bryce Country Cabins will introduce you to farm life and the flaming cliffs of Bryce Canyon National Park, all without leaving its 20 acres (8ha) of land. Any kiddos in tow will love zipping around the playground and petting the fuzzy farm animals. Meanwhile, the adults will want to take it slow with conversation around the firepit and coffee on the cabin’s private porch. Bryce, Zion and other iconic sites are close by, but they’ll wait until you’ve finished grilling out under the Utah sun.
Snowpine Lodge dares you to spend a weekend in the Wasatch Mountains in Utah – without leaving the lodge. The mountains may tempt you outside, but Snowpine is prepared to distract you with a private balcony with panoramic vistas. You’ll try to leave yet will fail as the Stillwell Spa lures you in with a Mountain Bliss Signature Relaxation Massage, keeping your feet pleasantly planted. Just when you think you’ll make it out before nightfall, a bavette steak at Swen’s will convince you to dine in and head back to your balcony for a nightcap with more views.
It’s never too early to plan a ski vacation, but, if you’re staying at Chateau Apres Lodge, you should know that you’ll need to haul your poles a whopping 150yds (137m) to the Park City Mountain Resort Lifts. Round up your crew, and leave your cozy dorm to brave the elements – stopping for a free breakfast to ensure that the 50 or so calories you lose during the walk won’t leave you with wobbly legs. Breathe a sigh of relief when you hit the lift, only to realize you left your goggles back at the lodge’s ski storage.
Take a vacation from relaxation, and get your heart rate up at Beaver Creek Lodge. No yoga sessions or fly fishing here – only adrenaline-fueled activities like snowmobiling and UTV riding. You can rent your ride by the hour or for the day, giving you the freedom to venture far and wide. If you need a moment of peace, the views from your room will give you pause – only to accelerate your desire to get back out there and tackle more backcountry trails.
Zion Cliff Lodge gets you close to the middle of nowhere without keeping you far from where you need to be. Your queen room is within a quick drive to restaurants and a grocery store, so no worries about fending for yourself. Hop in the car, and get lost in Zion, the Grand Canyon, Arches – or a laundry list of other national parks within minutes. No need to leave, though: the lounge bar and large deck provide brew and views just steps from your room.
There’s a great place to wander over Yonder. Meandering around Bryce Canyon National Park and Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument, Yonder’s got an airstream with your name on it. Spend s’more time together while disconnecting with your friends around the fire. These equipped airstreams have spaces to cook, dine, sleep and chill. The campsite even has modern laundry services so you won’t have to drag a washboard down to the river.
There’s one ranch resort in Utah that you can easily hitch your wagon to, and that’s Zion Ponderosa. Hop in a Jeep, and cruise from your 6500ft-elevated (1,980m) glamp site down into the slot canyons. Saddle up for an afternoon of horseback riding after waking up with a hot espresso in your Cowboy Cabin. If you want to rough it like you’re playing real-life Oregon Trail, sling a bindle over your shoulder, and cozy into a Conestoga wagon for a few nights under the Utah stars.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.