Dining in Salt Lake City, the capital and most populous city of Utah, is an incredibly varied experience. The city’s culinary scene offers anything from authentic Greek eats to new American cuisine and gourmet French and Spanish food. We explore 10 of Salt Lake City’s best restaurants in search of the best local cuisine and fine dining spots.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
The Copper Onion
The dishes here typify modern American cuisine, and include delights such as duck confit, ricotta dumplings, leek fettuccine and braised pork, all accompanied by the freshest handpicked selections of vegetables, herbs, spices and sauces. The meat dishes at The Copper Onion are always freshly prepared and stocked, and for those with a sweet tooth, the restaurant-made ice cream is a succulent treat.
A local baker/cook, Eva Coombs, had once gained a reputation for cooking tasty baked treats, filled with butter and passion. Always entertaining family and friends alike, Eva had a little helper in the kitchen; her skills were passed down to Charlie, her great-grandson. As the Chef/Owner of Eva’s Bakery Boulangerie and restaurant, Charlie ensures that Eva’s name, passion and talent for ingredients live on today. Whether you are a hearty pie lover, or prefer a croissant, customers can enjoy a host of baked bites, succulent sandwiches and perfect pastries, freshly made with local organic flour.
The Roof offers stunning views of the city, including Temple Square and the downtown area, and gives visitors the chance to enjoy exquisite food. The menu consists of international flavours, daily favourites, and a famous dessert buffet, all prepared by The Roof’s Chef, Pedro Mauricio. The restaurant includes a private room in the north end of the restaurant known as The Library, which is perfect for business dinners, or intimate family dining experiences. Guests can also enjoy live music every night in beautiful surroundings, courtesy of the restaurant’s pianist.
Pago uses ingredients and produce from local farms to deliver refreshing seasonal menus that include meat, fish and vegetarian dishes such as lamb sweetbreads, steelhead trout, pumpkin salad and the mouth-watering Paco burger with exquisite truffle frites. The restaurant uses produce from many local artisans to complement its menu and there is a strong local theme and community spirit.
Bodega & The Rest
This venue houses two exciting places to wine and dine in Salt Lake City, Bodega, and The Rest. Bodega focuses on three T’s: Tavern, Tobacco and Tacos. It may act as a front-shop, but downstairs is where the fun lies: The Rest, located underneath Bodega, is where diners get to experience a quirkier side to Salt Lake City, a speakeasy, entered via an unmarked door with a special key. Once at the bottom of the stairs, diners can take in the eclectic decor and indulge in equally eclectic dishes.
Located near to downtown Salt Lake City in the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest, this award-winning venue is truly breathtaking. Beautiful waterfalls, flowers and scenery make Log Haven a magical place to eat. It’s little wonder that the venue is popular for weddings and reception dinners as it truly is a tranquil environment. In addition to a gluten free menu, Chef David Jones has prepared a healthy ‘Low Cal-High Impact Special’ three-course menu for diners with dietary considerations. The main menu offers specialities including a petit wiener schnitzel, Alpine nachos, crisp tempura sprouted tofu and grilled bison steak.
The restaurant’s Grand Pavilion and tranquil gardens transport diners to another world, a culinary retreat based on an 18th century French-style chateau. La Caille offers visitors a selection of the finest French style cuisine, including red meat, poultry and seafood dishes. The brunch menu is particularly comprehensive and full of delicious options. These include gourmet egg variations such as salmon and asparagus omelette, spinach and wild mushroom omelette, and the crunch-combo of eggs, crispy potatoes, toast and porcine meats in the fantastic Chateau Breakfast option.
Offering a selection of Italian and American cuisine, including pizza and seafood, diners at Tuscany are in for ‘Euramerican’ delights. The restaurant is designed to trigger feelings of idyllic relaxation in diners, with allusions to Tuscany and pretty patios.
Salt Lake City’s premier Japanese restaurant has reached an iconic status in the city. The idea of Kyoto was to bring a touch of authentic Japanese dining to the city, complete with a rich array of dishes in beautiful surroundings. Kyoto plays host to a renowned sushi bar and counts the delicious ebi tempura and steak teriyaki dishes as house favourites.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.