Dallas is one of the most thriving and up-and-coming cities in the U.S. Filled with culture, entertainment, and amazing dining options, you can find something for any personality in this city. Take an inside look into five popular neighborhoods in the city and see which is the best match for you.
Uptown is bordered by highway U.S. 75 and North Haskell Avenue, just north of Downtown Dallas and filled with young business professionals and post-graduates. The main street that runs through this bustling neighborhood is McKinney Avenue, with numerous bars and restaurants. Many locals enjoy the ‘summer beer’ on the patio of Katy Trail Ice House after jogging through the popular Katy Trail. Catch rides to downtown using the trolley or take a short walk to Klyde Warren Park for yoga, food trucks, and mini golf.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Perfect for people who: own a dog, enjoy bar hopping and only wear pastels
Average rent for 1/bedroom: $1,238
If you enjoy art and music this hub is the perfect fit for you. Deep Ellum is located near east Downtown Dallas, which you can’t miss from the beautiful sculptures that surround it. When you walk down the streets of Deep Ellum you’ll smell the heavenliness of Cane Rosso pizza and Pecan Lodge BBQ, pass gorgeous graffiti buildings and even sight the motorcycle gang that gathers at Anvil Pub. This Dallas neighborhood also hosts the Dallas Farmers Market packed with fresh produce, local sweets, green plants, artwork and more. Stop by for a cold IPA at Deep Ellum Brewing Company, hop over and see a show at Trees, then sweat it out with a game of volleyball at Sandbar.
Perfect for people who: love unique eats, craft beer, need a tattoo touch-up and are a concert frequenter
Average rent for 1/bedroom: $1,120
Bishop Arts District
Bishop Arts is a small village in north Oak Cliff, Dallas. Though the historical neighborhood is only a few streets wide, it’s packed with over 60 independent boutiques, charming food establishments, trendy bars, and unique art galleries. Whether it is a handmade sculpture from Artisan’s Collective or a slice of ‘Lord of the Pies,’ from Emporium Pies, you’ll always find something that will catch your eye in this quaint district.
Perfect for people who: like wines and ciders, antique hunting, exotic soaps and own their sweet tooth
Average rent for 1/bedroom: $800
Park Cities is made up of two Dallas communities: the Town of Highland Park and the City of University Park. Park Cities is one of the most upscale areas in the city with beautiful homes, a lavish country club and elite shopping. Families are attracted to this area due to the top-notch school districts, activities and the overall feeling of security. Take your children to a day of fun at Top Golf or treat yourself to an elevated meal, top shelf margarita and cigar at Javier’s Gourmet Mexicano.
Perfect for people who: have a family, enjoy high-end shopping, indulging in gourmet meals, and drive the newest Range Rover
Average rent for 1/bedroom: $1,300
Need a break from the city but still wanting city amenities? Addison is a 25-minute drive directly north of Downtown, Dallas. Addison is a bit more secluded yet still has the thriving feel of downtown. This neighborhood is home to nationally acclaimed events, firework shows, and a thriving Oktoberfest. Experience festivals from Taste Addison, Vitruvian Lights, 5k’s, Shakespeare Dallas and much more.
Perfect for people who: attend local events, partake in sport leagues and have self-battles over which Instagram filter to use
Average rent for 1/bedroom: $925
By Kristin Hess
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.