Dallas has long been known for its arts scene and for the family friendly environment. The Bishop Arts District is making its mark on Dallas as a food lover’s paradise. This small area, approximately three square blocks, is packed with restaurants for every palate and budget. From high end Italian cuisine to street side Cuban food, Bishop Arts is the place to go in Dallas for a great meal.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Located in a renovated 1930’s Victorian home, Emporium Pies serves some of the most delicious pies in Dallas. Pies here are sold by the slice or whole and they even offer shipping on any pies ordered. Upon entering the shop, the aroma of freshly baked pies fills the small area and the hospitality of the staff is immediately captivating. Popular choices here are the Smooth Operator, a French silk chocolate pie with pretzel crust, and the Drunken Nut, a bourbon pecan pie with shortbread crust. This is a must for any pie lover exploring the Bishop Arts District.
Eno’s Pizza Tavern
This small restaurant and bar is a staple in the Bishop Arts District. Many locals consider themselves to be regulars at Eno’s because of their delicious flatbread pizzas made with fresh ingredients and the extensive drink menu. Many people enjoy this location for its relaxed atmosphere and budget friendly prices. After a meal or drinks at Eno’s, located on the main strip of Bishop Arts, customer’s find themselves central to multiple boutiques and specialty shops.
In Dallas, there are countless Mexican food restaurants, but the Veracruz Café devotes itself to the colorful and traditional foods from the coastal Mexican state of Veracruz. The menu here boasts a variety of seafood, meat and vegetarian options that any Mexican food lover will surely enjoy. The atmosphere is more upscale than the typical Mexican food restaurant, though the prices are reasonable. The Veracruz Café considered by many locals to be the best Mexican food in the area, not just within the Bishop Arts District.
This hip diner is a hot spot in the area for American food and is open every day for breakfast at 7am. Oddfellows is popular among the locals as a great spot to eat lunch, grab coffee or a cocktail, but many others visit for their breakfast options as well. The vibe of the space is very laid back and the service is excellent. The most recommended dishes are the fried green tomato sandwich, with comes with an amazing sherry vinaigrette on the salad, or the buffalo mac sandwich.
This small Italian restaurant is run by a husband and wife duo and together they serve what could easily be called the best Italian food in Dallas. Lucia only seats 36 people so a reservation is nearly always necessary. There are occasionally spots at the bar for those customers who drop in, but reservations are typically made a month in advance or more. The dishes here vary in price, but a meal can easily cost over $50 per person. The food, environment and service are worth every cent.
Dallas Grilled Cheese Co.
The Dallas Grilled Cheese Co is a must try new addition to the Bishop Arts District. With fresh ingredients and a variety of grilled cheese combinations, there is something for everyone is this quirky hot spot. Grilled cheeses are not only comfort food to many, here they are served as delicacies and can be enjoyed with one of the many local beers on tap, or a hot bowl of fresh soup. Whether for lunch or dinner, this restaurant should be on your list of places to eat in the Bishop Arts District.
Greek Café & Bakery
This little gem of a restaurant is often overlooked, but the locals know that some of the best Mediterranean food is served inside. With a Greek chef, the food at the Greek Café & Bakery is traditional and delicious. The most highly recommended menu item is the traditional gyro, served with delicious lamb in just the right proportion to the pita. The prices at this small diner are very reasonable for those looking for great food on a budget. Customers located nearby can even have their food delivered!
This upscale French restaurant is considered by many who know it as one of the best, if the not best, restaurants in Dallas. The prices range from moderate to high, but the stellar quality of the food and dining experience make any visit here worth it. Boulevardier is known for their fresh oysters, well prepared meat dishes, and innovative cocktails. For lunch goers, make sure to try the Boulevardier burger. For the budget-conscious, Sunday brunch is incredible with very affordable prices.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.