Many people visit Nashville to enjoy live country music and chow down on the finest southern cuisine in the country. While Nashville is definitely notorious for country songs and delicious grub, it has so much more to offer than that! These ten hot spots are the best places to go if you want the most authentic Nashville experience possible.
If you’re planning to visit Music City to learn more about the country music scene, then visiting the Country Music Hall of Fame is a must. With exhibits on older country artists such as Johnny Cash to more contemporary entertainers like Carrie Underwood, the Country Music Hall of Fame provides a lush history of some of Nashville’s finest country stars. The walls are lined with CDs of the many musicians who have earned followings due to their immense vocal and instrumental talents.
Hit Downtown Broadway
Nashville nightlife is quite lively, especially down Broadway, the main street downtown. Here, you’ll see horses pulling people in carriages and you can bar hop between the honky-tonks that line the streets. While you listen to music by the city’s aspiring songwriters, grab a bite to eat at one of the restaurants on the block.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
The Wildhorse Saloon may be a live music venue, but it’s also the best place in Nashville to go for a night of line dancing. Even if you’re a beginner, there are professionals present every night to teach the crowd dance steps. Whether you go to watch your favorite band or to learn a few new moves, the Wildhorse Saloon is a fun place to go!
Want to see where former president Andrew Jackson spent many years? The Hermitage, which was a plantation owned by Jackson, tells the story of his life and has been restored with many of his original belongings. The Hermitage is a National Historic Landmark, and Jackson is buried on the grounds of it next to his beloved wife, Rachel.
Amazing food, great company and a warm welcome are what you’ll find at Monell’s Restaurant. This eatery has family-style dining, so you get to enjoy your meal among the presence of strangers — but in a town like Nashville, those strangers often become new friends. The dining experience at Monell’s is unique, and you will definitely not leave hungry! The menu, which has a new theme each day, includes fried chicken, hot southern vegetables, drinks, desserts and biscuits.
Take a Stroll Through Centennial Park
It’s hard to spend time at Centennial Park and feel anything but relaxed. Between the gorgeous greenery, the beautiful scenery and the sense of community, the park is more than just a place to have a picnic. In the warmer months, many families enjoy feeding the birds in the pond, walking the hiking trails and going for bike rides; there’s also an entertainment stage and a playground for children to enjoy. Be sure to watch out for the squirrels that like to try and join visitors for lunch!
On any given day, you can pretty much guarantee that there will be a line out the door at Pancake Pantry. Wait times for getting into the restaurant can be as long as an hour, and people love it so much, that not even rain or snow can stop them from dining there. This brunch spot is known for its diverse selection of pancake flavors, but it also includes a full menu of breakfast and lunch foods. Local celebrities such as Keith Urban allegedly stop by for a serving of the Caribbean pancakes, too; it’s just that good!
Explore Hillsboro Village
Many college students and young professionals frequent the Hillsboro Village area. With a variety of small shops and restaurants, this hip part of town is where people go to check out businesses geared towards millennials. There’s the bohemian boutique, Pangaea, the used bookstore, Bookman/Bookwoman, and the artsy coffee shop Fido all waiting for you to explore.
You haven’t experienced the fullness of Nashville until you’ve been to a show at the Grand Ole Opry House. Since 1925, the venue has long been a country music stage where performers young and old have entertained audiences. Even if you can’t make it to a concert, the venue does backstage tours, giving you the opportunity to get a glimpse into the life of professional music artists. There’s also a retail store for you to snag some souvenirs from your visit.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.