Nashville might be far from the sea, but that doesn’t stop Music City from serving up some of the best sushi in the South.
Those with exotic tastes in food often rank sushi high on their list of favorites. And as a city with an eclectic selection of restaurants and cuisines, Nashville has plenty of places to get sushi. Whether you’re in the mood for a spicy tuna roll or one wrapped with eel, you’ll find a variety of sushi to choose from on the menus of these sushi bars. And don’t worry—if you’re not a sushi eater, most of these places also offer non-sushi dishes as well.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
The original Nama Sushi Bar dates back to 2004, when it opened its first location in downtown Knoxville. A second was opened in the area four years later and then another in Nashville in 2014. On Nama’s menu is a variety of sushi, including sashimi, nigiri, maki, and vegetarian rolls. Enjoy appetizers like wasabi hummus, calamari salad, or kimchee and rice. Lunch specials, Happy Hour, and kids-eat-free specials are available on select afternoons and evenings.
Classic Asian entrees like chicken teriyaki, roasted duck curry, sesame chicken, pad Thai, and orange chicken are on the menu at the Eastern Peak. The sushi menu impresses as well, with a large selection of both signature and specialty rolls. Try the spicy tuna roll with masago, scallions, cucumbers, and sesame seeds or give the futomaki roll a try. It’s made with eel, avocado, crab, tamago, asparagus, and a sweet and salty sakura denbu. Make sure to visit during Happy Hour from 3–6 pm on weekdays for $5 drinks to rinse down the sushi.
While the physical environment of this sushi restaurant is quaint, the menu is vast. Appetizers include edamame, shrimp tempura, octopus crab sunomono, and an avocado boat. There are also non-sushi options like teriyaki plates and tempura platters. But the real reason people visit is the live rotating sushi bar. Grab your favorite fresh-made rolls as they glide by and use the handy plate pricing guide to determine how much you’ll pay.
The unique name of this restaurant highlights the expansive and eclectic menu offerings, which are a combination of sushi and Japanese cuisine. Located in East Nashville, this “more than sushi” joint features small starters like miso soup, seaweed salad, and fried calamari, rice bowls, Burmese curry, and a large selection of specialty, vegan, and traditional sushi.
This sushi hot spot has a large variety of rolls on the menu, including vegetarian and specialty options. You’ll find California rolls, crab rolls, eel rolls, and spicy tuna rolls. There’s also the cowboy roll with BBQ beef and green onion, as well as the Philadelphia roll with cream cheese, smoked salmon, and cucumber. Non-sushi dishes include sesame chicken, beef teriyaki, and tempura. Enjoy a bento box with soup, salad, and rice, or try the Japanese noodles.
Owned by Michelle and Steve Kang, this restaurant serves Asian food inspired by their respective Chinese and Korean upbringings. Umami has family-style dining and features a menu full of sushi, ramen, teriyaki, kimchi fries, Korean-style fried chicken, and bibimbap. Even the drink menu highlights Asian beverages like Japanese sake and fruity cocktails made with soju, a traditional Korean rice liquor.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.