Strike the right chord in America’s country music capital with these finely-tuned places to stay in Nashville, Tennessee. Some ooze period charm. Others are bang up-to-the-minute, with rooftop pools and hip drinking haunts. All provide upscale amenities and deliver a degree of service guaranteed to satisfy your every whim. Yep, you’ll feel like country-music royalty when you choose to stay at one of the best luxury hotels in Nashville. Rhinestones optional.
Whatever you wish for, the staff at the Hermitage Hotel will take care of it. For more than a century, this icon of Nashville hospitality has dealt only in top-of-the-line amenities. Nowadays, that includes 24-hour room service, pet walking, valet-only parking and on-demand spa services – all yours with a call to the front desk. One stroll through the opulent lobby – with all that original art, the roaring fireplace and the ornate ceiling – and you’ll feel like royalty. The restaurant is supplied by its own farm and cattle, so all ingredients are ranch fresh.
This 27-floor hotel towers over SoBro – the south of Broadway neighborhood – and the architect-designed Music City Center building, with panoramic views over the rooftops. Inside, the decor is heavy on the Nashville brand of bling: we’re talking guitar picks set into the countertops and belt buckles in the headboards. L27, the rooftop pool and bar, is a popular party spot. If you look up from the street, you can see its blue waters beckoning.
Thanks to a deep-pocketed renovation in 2016, the lobby of this former 1900s train station has been restored to all its gothic grandeur. Wander awhile to take in the painted walls and ceilings, dramatic arches and giant chandeliers. There are a few nods to the place’s past, such as signage for arrivals and departures, but nothing overly themed. The guest rooms vary in size and shape, due to the retrofit of the building, but all are updated and modern.
The Omni is luxurious and filled with personality, but what separates it from the other best hotels in Nashville is that it’s connected to both the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum and the Music City Center. Subtle musical themes run throughout decorative elements, strung together in a non-corny way. Inside tip: try some of the biscuits in the Kitchen Notes restaurant. They’re considered some of the city’s best, which is high praise in the South.
From the moment the 33-story glass JW Marriott high-rise opened, it has been the name to beat when it comes to luxury hotels in Music City. Thanks to its oval design and widescreen windows, each room has noteworthy views. Even elements you’d overlook in other hotels – the notepad on the desk, say – are high-end here (think thick card stock). The staff attend to your every need, so ask them to nab you a table at the rooftop bar or restaurant during your stay.
If you like your hotels to be somewhere to see and be seen rather than somewhere to sleep, Bobby is the place to book. Its one-of-a-kind decor includes a chandelier made out of hubcaps and a bar created out of a 1956 bus. Guest rooms feature cabinetry with art depicting its usage – for example, a diamond ring on the drawer where you store your jewelry. Maps for your next great adventure are wallpapered on the walls.
This Art Deco beauty has the same feel as the best boutique hotels in Nashville while delivering all the benefits of the Hyatt chain. Welcome details – particularly for business travelers – include a generous number of electrical outlets in the lobby so your laptop won’t risk losing juice. When you need a nap, there’s a velvet couch in your room to stretch out on – or head up to the rooftop pool, home to fixed chaises in the shallows, where you can recline with a margarita from the bar.
For more options, discover our guide to the most romantic hotels in Nashville, boutique hotels in Nashville, or the best spa hotels in Nashville. If you crave a stay with culture and a fascinating backstory, make sure you view the best historic hotels in Nashville, and here’s where to stay in Nashville if you’re looking for something a little different, all properties bookable on Culture Trip. Alternatively, cast the net wider and embrace your fun side by staying at one of the best hotels with waterparks in Tennessee.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.