Nashville, the USA‘s Music City, is an ideal location for a romantic getaway, with such a variety of things to do in the Tennessee capital, from concerts to outdoor activities and great restaurants and bars. Whisk your significant other away with a stay at one of these romantic hotels in Nashville, ranging from a trendy Germantown inn to a historic art deco pad, to a modern glass-fronted hotel connected to Nashville’s Country Music Hall of Fame — all bookable with Culture Trip.
You can surround yourself with art by booking a getaway for you and your beloved at the 21c. The downtown hotel has several floors of rotating museum-quality art exhibits that make for a great date night strolling the halls, followed by dinner at the hotel’s acclaimed Gray & Dudley restaurant. Rooms are spacious with high ceilings and great views. The hotel is in a renovated building from 1900 so no two guest rooms are the same.
There’s something about the Fairlane that makes it feel like a movie set. The old bank headquarters has been restored to its 1970s glory, with terrazzo tile floors, brass accents and mid-century furnishings. The plush rooms have velvet headboards with flip-down cupholders perfect for when you fancy enjoying some Netflix. The fourth-floor restaurant has nice views of the city, plus booths for privacy so you don’t spoil the weekend-for-two vibe.
No hotel is more rooted in Nashville’s history than the Hermitage Hotel. Since 1910, it has been a popular choice for film stars, lawmakers and other big names coming to Music City. Al Capone, Gene Autry, the Singing Cowboy, as well as seven US presidents have all slept here. Guest rooms are furnished in an old-school style, decorated with tapestries and florals.
This Eighth Avenue skyscraper has all the modern amenities you need for a romantic getaway, with comfortable rooms decorated in a Nashville theme — think leather and belt buckles on the headboards. On the 27th floor, you can rent a cabana for an afternoon of lounging by the pool.
Built in 1900, and renovated in 2016 to the tune of $15.5 million (£11.4m), this former train station is a breathtaking example of gothic architecture. In the lobby, there are ironwork details and arches befitting the building’s former incarnation. The shape and size of each guest room varies, since this is a retrofit of a historic space, but all afford a private and modern retreat. Choose a room above the lobby level and you’ll get arched windows with views of the city.
In the heart of downtown, this hotel is connected to both the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum and the Music City Center. You can stroll through the lobby and check out the displays of costumes from country music stars then feast at one of the on-site restaurants including Kitchen Notes, whose biscuits are considered some of the best in the city — high praise indeed. The hotel also boasts a rooftop swimming pool and whirlpool with views of the downtown skyline and cabanas, a lounge deck and a bar and grill.
Built in 1930, the art deco Noelle Hotel features artwork that pays homage to Nashville’s creative class. The Trade Room bar in the lobby is a must-visit for a drink or two before you head out on the town. The rooms are all on the small side, more similar to standard New York than Nashville, but they have all the amenities.
This former East Nashville church retains most of the elements of its previous incarnation, including restored stained-glass windows, ceilings and repurposed pews as headboards. You can choose one of the two suites with indoor balconies that look out on the windows and the lobby. Both have plenty of cozy nooks for sipping champagne at night, or coffee in the morning. The Russell’s owners donate some of each room rate to homelessness ministries in the city, including supporting Shower Up, a mobile unit that provides those living on the street with opportunities for a hot shower.
There’s something that feels insulated and private about a stay at the Dream, despite the hotel’s status as a place where many go to see-and-be-seen. You walk along the feather-patterned carpet to get to your jewel-toned room, where you’ll find painted wood-panelled walls with clever cutouts for stowing your phones and tablets. You can don the waiting slippers and robes and stay in for the night or get dressed up and head to one of the six restaurants and bars on-site.
Looking for more great hotels in Nashville? Elevate your romantic stay in the city by checking into one of these Nashville hotels with hot tubs and jacuzzis, or relax and unwind at a serene spa hotel. For more options, discover our guides on the top boutique hotels in Nashville, luxurious places to stay, or these hotels with pools. Want something to please the little ones? Find out about the best hotels with a water park in Tennessee, bookable with Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.