The Keystone State will show you that wellness is a cornerstone of any relaxing vacation. Soft lighting and music, combined with strong hands and a tender touch, will make you feel a million miles away from stress. Smooth out your visit to Pennsylvania’s rolling hills with massages, body therapies and skin treatments that’ll put your every muscle on holiday. These are the best spa retreats in Pennsylvania, now bookable with Culture Trip.
The same eight natural mineral springs that inspired your spa treatments were used by Native Americans for their healing properties. You’ll certainly feel how enduring the powers of these springs are when you bathe in these Bedford Baths. Dr John’s Muscle Therapy Massage provides targeted relief to any ache, while a softer Zents Journey Massage will soothe and nourish your skin from head to toe. After a massage, moments of quiet reflection in the serene spa garden will leave your mind as relieved as your muscles.
When merely one day at the spa is not enough, Nemacolin delivers a bespoke wellness experience that’s as transformative as it is therapeutic. Begin at the Woodlands Spa and Salon, where wellness gurus will roll out a five-phase full-body balancing ritual that you’ll wish would never end. Float in unadulterated bliss to the Holistic Healing Center for a custom-tailored wellness package, which could include private meditation, cryotherapy, infrared sauna sessions, Gua Sha and PBM therapy.
It’s amazing how 700lbs (318kg) of healing crystals at the Four Seasons’ Spa can lift years of stress off of your shoulders. You’ll feel weightless the minute you step onto the 57th floor – and that’s before anyone lays a finger on you. A full-body crystal oil massage will bring balance to your inner spirit. If you’re lucky enough to have a partner beside you in Philadelphia, treat yourselves to a night spa experience, which includes a couples’ massage on the pool deck and a bottle of champagne.
We believe it’s the Amish antiques that make the spa at the Inn at Leola Village feel simultaneously rustic and refined. With your surroundings all handcrafted with the utmost care, you won’t be surprised that the massage and makeup services deliver the same delicate skill. Martinis and manicures can be ordered alongside apricot and fig clay body masks. For the gents, a Whiskey Zenzero Body Treatment will repair and transform your skin so deeply that you’ll feel like a new man within the hour.
Embrace Balinese reverence in the City of Brotherly Love at the Ritz-Carlton holistic hotel spa. This serene space is more than just a massage table and floating candles. Healing, health and beautification are all prioritized, combining classic massages with medical-grade treatments and traditional rituals like reiki and chakra balancing. You’ll leave feeling renewed in a way that you never knew was possible.
If the Fairmont can loosen up the rigid Steel City, it can certainly make mincemeat of whatever knot in your shoulders needs unraveling. Add on spa access to your hotel stay, and you’ll open yourself to a world of relaxation. Dry cedar saunas, private showers, an advanced fitness center and exceptional pampering are only some of the high-quality perks. Let the staff’s talented hands do a number on your shoulders; then, wash away any lingering tingling in the soaking tub in your one-bedroom suite.
If the thought of an Underground Spa & Wellness center doesn’t send a seductive shiver down your spine, we don’t know what will. Get lost in the premier spa at the Logan, a space that will rejuvenate your senses, balance your mind with your body and leave you in an energized state of Zen. Special massages like Wrist Relief and CBD Quartet are targeted treatments designed to remove stress from where it lingers most.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.