After a full day of wholesome family fun at this busy resort in Pennsylvania, you’ll want to retire to one of these comfy nearby hotels. Book your stay now with Culture Trip.
Prefer Pittsburgh to the Poconos yet still want to be immersed in Pennsylvania’s mountainous beauty? Then set your GPS for Seven Springs Mountain Resort. This all-season spot has it all, from skiing to golfing or clay shooting. Pittsburgh is only an hour away, making it an easy day trip if you’re die-hard Steelers fan. Get your fill of the outdoors without sacrificing creature comforts when you stay at these hotels near Seven Springs Mountain Resort.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
You won’t have a hard time convincing the kids to stay at Log Cabin Lodge & Suites. With a ping-pong table in your lodge, they’ll spend hours swinging paddles while you steal a few moments of solitude in the private dry sauna. Pet-friendly suites are also available if you’re bringing your furry family member, but who needs dogs and cats when over 400 critters are right next door at Living Treasures Wild Animal Park?
A budget-friendly family vacation to Seven Springs Mountain Resort isn’t out of the question when you stay at Days Inn by Wyndham. The hotel itself has free breakfasts, an outdoor pool and a children’s play area that’ll keep the little ones entertained for hours. If they’ve still got enough energy to jump up and down on the cloud-like beds, take them down the street to Caddie Shak Family Entertainment Center for bumper boats, go karts and arcade games.
The holistic healing center at Nemacolin will make your body feel as fresh, natural and full of life as the forests surrounding Seven Springs. Hours will whizz by as you add facials, massages and body treatments onto your acupuncture and cupping sessions. Keep wellness on the menu with a spinach and mint smoothie and Korean-glazed tofu at Aqueous. By the time you return to your woodsy lodge room, you’ll feel reborn.
Try as you might, you can’t spend every moment of your trip on Seven Springs’ golf course. Spend the moonlit hours at the Hampton Inn nearby and let your swing stance get the rest it needs. You’ll be thankful for the king bed when you awake refreshed and ready to take on the course for a second time. When you finally come in under par, give your muscles a much-needed soak in the outdoor pool.
You’ll want to spend as much time as possible at Seven Springs, which is why Holiday Inn Express makes it easy to come and go as you please. Grab a Cinnabon cinnamon roll and hot coffee right when you arrive to perk you up before you visit the resort. You’ll get another free fuel up in the morning at the Express Star Breakfast, full of the carbs and protein you need to keep a steady pace on the hiking trails.
Business bringing you into Somerset? All studio rooms have work desks with coffee makers for when you’re burning the midnight oil. The business center is a quick elevator ride away for when you’re in a pinch and need to print or fax. After a long night, the hot breakfast buffet really hits the spot, and the free shuttle service to the surrounding corporate office buildings offer you a much-needed moment to take a breath and refocus.
Get back to the good old days of family vacations at Roaring Run Resort. Spend your days laughing and playing with the kids at the children’s wading pool, on the playground or on the miniature golf course. Family bike rides through the trails will leave them so tuckered out, they might stay sleeping in their bunk through dinner. Give them a nudge when the sun sets for s’mores around the family fire pit.
Believe it or not, the private 22 acres (9ha) of Legends Woodland Lodge nearly outnumber the maximum number of guests their nine rooms accommodate. This rustic retreat has a special space for everyone, from the foosball table in the Game Room for the kids to the rare first edition books in the Library for the bibliophile. Give yourself a little space on one of 20 hiking trails, where the only locals you’ll run into do most of their wandering on four legs.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.