Though perhaps not the first destination that springs to mind when you think of a luxury hotel getaway, Cincinnati offers plenty of high-end options boasting some serious splendor. Book your stay now with Culture Trip.
On the banks of the Ohio River, straddling both Ohio and Kentucky, the Queen City is proving it’s not a flyover city but a destination in its own right. With a bustling art scene, dozens of craft breweries and distilleries, iconic art deco architecture and of course, sporting events galore, this two-for-one city really offers something for every traveler. Whether you opt to stay downtown or in a neighboring bucolic village, these luxury hotels in Cincinnati offer a refined stay in this unique Midwestern city.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
21c Museum Hotel Cincinnati is a one-stop shop for art, dining, spa experiences and luxury accommodation. Bright and modern rooms feature original works by artist Laura Lee Brown, while the onsite contemporary art museum hosts rotating curated art shows from the art world’s up-and-coming talents. The airy Cocktail Terrace on the rooftop makes this property one of Cincinnati’s best hotels with a view of downtown, with plentiful creative cocktails and raw seafood to enjoy.
Repurposed from a classic 1909 building, this elegant hotel in Cincinnati brings the outdoors inside. With the lush greenery in the lobby, large atrium skylight, wood accents and distinct emerald green booths, the hotel extends the Lytle Park Historic District. Imbibe fireside on cocktails at Vista, like the subtly sweet Crown Jewel, while enjoying views of downtown Cincinnati and the Ohio River before grabbing traditional Italian fare at Subito.
Located in the heart of downtown Cincinnati, this luxury hotel in Cincinnati transforms a historic building into a contemporary and elegant retreat with opulent art deco details and chic black-and-white accents. The sleek and modern rooms offer large windows with skyline views of neighborhood attractions, like Paul Brown Stadium, Cincinnati Zoo and the waterfront. Don’t forget to send a love note from the hotel’s historic mailbox before embarking on your next adventure.
Equally as vibrant as its Madisonville neighborhood, the Summit is synonymous with sophistication. The bold red-, white- and black-hued nine-story atrium greets guests before they head into the lobby-adjacent art gallery, featuring carefully curated collections of contemporary art from Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky artists. The gallery isn’t the only sight to behold at this Cincinnati hotel. The rooftop terrace and garden views at Overlook Kitchen + Bar are best enjoyed with signature wings and craft cocktails in hand.
Hotel Covington effortlessly combines vintage touches, like its lived-in brick façade, with modern accents, such as in-room tablets and structured, contemporary furnishings. This Cincinnati luxury hotel’s signature restaurant is situated in the former high-fashion Coppin’s Department Store and continues to pay tribute to the area’s history – fashion, food and otherwise – with sleek black and copper decor and a menu highlighting local farmers. Weather abiding, escape to the restaurant’s patio for a cozy evening replete with string lights, fireplaces and plush throw blankets and pillows.
Kinley Cincinnati is distinctly recognizable from the exterior alone. Part of the 1970s Urban Walls Project, this hotel in Cincinnati offers a contrast to the brick-laden downtown buildings, with an unmistakable bright and vibrant mural. Meanwhile, rooms are sleek with contemporary wall art and crisp white and navy furnishings. After exploring the hip neighboring Over-the-Rhine district, grab a table at Khora for Midwestern-inspired modern pasta dishes, like the Ohio semolina.
As a National Historic Landmark, the downtown hotel is America’s shining example of authentic French art deco design. With rare Brazilian rosewood, lavish marble, Egyptian and floral motifs and restored fountains, no detail is left out at the Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza. The hotel’s most opulent setting is its Hall of Mirrors. The ballroom wows with a high ceiling, gold-backed mirrors and a stunning balcony.
This striking Tudor-style hotel near Cincinnati offers a taste of European grandeur in the American Midwest. Tucked within the tree-lined village of Mariemont, just under 10mi (16km) from downtown Cincinnati, the timber-and-brick Best Western Premier Mariemont Inn boasts historic collectible antiques and original artwork. Cozy up on classic English barrel chairs by the original 1920s fireplaces to enjoy the quaint historic charm.
Adjacent to the Duke Energy Convention Center, the Hyatt Regency Cincinnati is in the heart of downtown’s action. The luxe rooms offer panoramic views of the river and city, while the indoor pool and lobby billiards offer endless options for entertainment. There’s also a library, while sports enthusiasts can take advantage of this Cincinnati luxury hotel’s location close to both Paul Brown Stadium and the Great American Ball Park.
Graduate Cincinnati cues up collegiate nostalgia. A lifesize sculpture of the hippopotamus Fiona in the lobby and murals celebrating the toy brand Kenner, Neil Armstrong, Roy Rogers and Skyline Chili honor local landmarks and icons. The celebration continues in the rooms, with pops of red, local album artwork and distinct geometric patterns paying homage to UC’s College of Design, Architecture, Art and Planning. For sports fans, visit the conference level decked out with basketball court flooring from Fifth Third Arena.
Still searching for the perfect place to stay in Cincinnati? Our guide to its best hotels is packed full of the top places to stay to explore the city, or treat someone you love to a stay at one of Cincinnati’s most romantic hotels instead, all bookable on Culture Trip. Or if you’re on a budget, check out our pick of the best cheap hotels in Cincinnati, bookable with Culture Trip.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.