Cincinnati is one of those cities that has something for everyone, but don’t underestimate its sprawling size, and be sure to take some comfortable shoes for exploring. Each neighborhood has its own vibe – from the up-and-coming Over the Rhine, which is brimming with European architecture, independent stores, bars, and quirky art studios, to the exclusive Indian Hill. In a town this big, you will be spoiled for choice with accommodation – here are the best places to stay in Cincinnati.
The impressive Kinley Cincinnati Downtown was built in 1910 and retained its historical credentials and many of its original features when it was renovated into an impressive 94-room hotel with a focus on contemporary art. The name is derived from the word “kinship,” and this unpretentious hotel in downtown Cincinnati embodies small-city values with futuristic technology and a friendly vibe.
As to be expected, the Graduate Hotel has student connotations and is within the University of Cincinnati campus. So, if you loved your time at university, you might well relive the best days of your life here. The communal decor is a mashup of colors and neighborhood references, such as the oversized reproduction of iconic toys, produced by local company Kenner, down at the reception. Each bedroom is named after hometown heroes such as Johnny Bench and Joseph Strauss, with kitsch accessories to complement the theme. Don’t forget your shades.
Boasting a contemporary art gallery, well-equipped spa, and a rooftop bar, the 21c Museum Hotel City is in the dynamic heart of Downtown Cincinnati. The stunning renovated building has had new life breathed into it, and the hotel is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Each of the 156 rooms is filled with personal touches to make you feel at home, while the bright, airy rooms offer a welcome respite from the thought-provoking art present throughout the rest of the hotel.
Bask in understated elegance at the Renaissance Cincinnati Downtown Hotel. In a historic building, the boutique hotel has retained some art deco details, giving it a sophisticated Hollywood vibe. You’re welcomed into the impressive lobby, which is a mixture of modern and period styles – the chandelier and gold add a touch of understated glamour. The decadent theme continues into the bedrooms, which are furnished in rich, classic monochrome shades; even the plush black bathroom robes are fit for Liz Taylor.
If you’re the type of traveler who laps up luxury, the Hotel Covington has got you covered. Meticulously designed, the building, which once housed the Coppin’s Department Store, has been transformed into a boutique residence with 114 guest rooms, an outdoor courtyard, several restaurants, and a romantic lounge. This hotel in Cincinnati exudes character and style, with the high ceilings tinted with rich jewel tones and the huge beds featuring glamorous velvet headboards. If the weather is in your favor, the Patio at Coppin’s offers lawn games, evening movie screenings, and an open-air fire pit.
Once an enclave for the elite, the historic Lytle Park Hotel has been reborn as a luxury offering. In a historic 1909 building connected to the park in the neighborhood, the rooms exude sophistication, and whichever side of the property you are on, a great view is guaranteed. With a restaurant and lively cocktail bar under the rafters of a glass roof, it’s no wonder the hotel is a destination in itself.
A landmark in its own right, the impressive glass atrium lobby of the Hyatt Regency stands proudly on the Cincinnati skyline, which also houses a heated pool and sundeck on the fifth floor. If you are in town for some shopping, you can nip into Saks Fifth Avenue. You don’t have to leave for dining though, as the Red Roost Tavern serves up hearty grub. Elsewhere, salads and paninis are available from the Market.
Converted from an old doorbell factory, the Summit is a quirky addition to the Cincinnati hotel scene. In a business park, guests have plenty of space in the warehouse-style dwelling, while free parking and transport are nearby to make the city your oyster. Rooms have all the mod cons, including lots of contemporary artwork, and there’s a modern restaurant with an open kitchen and terrace on the fourth floor. Other amenities include a rooftop garden, a gym, and a yoga studio.
Formerly a charming townhouse, the Symphony Hotel is now an eclectic boutique offering and restaurant with nine unique bedrooms named after famous classical composers. As a period property, there are narrow staircases throughout this building and no lifts, yet the overall impression is that of a classy European bolthole with elegant furnishings. Don’t forget to enjoy a cocktail at the lounge bar, where there’s live jazz music on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights.
Looking for budget-friendly hotels in Cincinnati? Check out our pick of the best cheap hotels in Cincinnati, bookable with Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.