Cleveland, Ohio’s most popular city to the north, is growing into a hip, cultural hotspot, complete with character, art, great breweries and, of course, great food. Cleveland’s food scene is representative of its long history as a multicultural city. We’ve updated our previous foodie guide to bring you 10 more great places to eat out in Cleveland.
Courtesy Noodle Cat
Kim SE Cambodian Cuisine
The West Side Market, Cleveland’s most popular and oldest continuously operated food market, serves a variety of dishes representative of Cleveland’s diverse cultural neighbourhoods. While there, eat at Kim SE Cambodian Cuisine, specialising in gourmet Southeast Asian foods. Try their award-winning dishes such as the shrimp or chicken pad thai. Named by Scene Magazine as one of Cleveland’s best in Asian Culinary Delights, Kim SE was also named the best value for less than 10 dollars by the Plain Dealer, proving that high flavour and authentic ingredients don’t have to come at a high price.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Orale! Contemporary Mexican Cuisine
In the historic West Side Market,Orale! Chef Roberto Rodriguez has been serving up classic Mexican specialties since 1999. There, the stand was featured on the Food Network’s Americas Best: Top Ten Destinations and on other local television broadcasts. In fact, Orale! has become so popular that Rodriguez recently started a new restaurant just a few blocks away, offering diners a contemporary twist to his classic Mexican cuisine. There’s a wide variety of dishes to try, and a wide variety of salsas too: diners can chose from 22 different salsas, ranging from classic pico de gallo to mixes like mango habanero salsa.
Orale! West Side Market, 1979 West 25th St., Cleveland, OH, USA, +1 (216) 781 4190; 1834 W. 25th St. Cleveland, OH, USA, +1 (216) 862 3117
Earth Bistro Cafe
The new Earth Bistro Cafe proves that health food doesn’t have to be boring. With a huge variety of healthy, local foods, Earth Bistro offers predominately vegetarian and vegan food, with an entirely separate vegan menu for those who need it. Highlights of the café include the Caribbean veggie tostadas topped with a creamy lime dressing or their Cuban panini sandwich with blacked forest ham, marinated pork, thinly sliced pickles, and ‘grandma’s mustard recipe’. With a motto like ‘a healthy place to eat’ you can expect that even the desserts are relatively guilt-free. Try the organic chocolate mousse and almond pie or the chocolate and peanut butter vegan cake.Earth Bistro Cafe, 11122 Clifton Blvd, Cleveland, OH, USA,+1 (216) 201 9338
Hodge Podge Truck
What’s a growing city without a hip food truck? Chef Chris Hodge has proven that food trucks can provide just as much as your favourite restaurant, often with more community spirit and lower prices. After launching Cleveland’s food truck culture in 2010 with his Dim and Den Sum truck, Chef Hodge launched the Hodge Podge Truck in 2011. Featured on both The Cooking Channel’s Unique Eats and Food Network’s The Great Food Truck Race, the truck serves healthy gourmet food made with locally sourced, sustainable ingredients.
Varying locations, Cleveland, +1 (440) 834 1800
Lola Bistro is the restaurant of Cleveland’s celebrity chef Michael Symon of Iron Chef fame. Opened in 1997, originally in the trendy Tremont neighbourhood, in 2005 Symon renamed Lola as Lolita and opened Lola Bistro in downtown Cleveland. In a sleek, elegant space, Lola serves high-end classics such as lobster, halibut and beef hanger steak, as well as more adventurous choices such as pig ear or bone marrow, served with 25 accompaniments. Expect elegant food with an elegant presentation.
Lola Bistro, 2058 East 4th Street, Cleveland, OH, USA +1 (216) 621 5652
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.