Going on a date in Cincinnati, but also on a tight budget? Whether you’re on your first date or your thousandth, you’ll find a free or inexpensive place to rendezvous in our guide to cheap and free dates in Cincinnati, OH.
Cincinnati Art Museum
The Cincinnati Art Museum is always free and open to the public. Nestled in Cincinnati’s gorgeous Eden Park, the art museum is home to almost 70,000 art pieces as well as revolving special exhibits. Stroll through one of the many exhibits during the day, or, for an evening date, check out Art After Dark, which offers after-hours access to the museum once a month.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
The Cincinnati Observatory is a surviving observatory built in the 19th century and a favorite of local astronomers and stargazers. On Thursday and Friday evenings, guided stargazing is led by a constellation expert, followed by a look through a telescope. Admission is just $7 on Fridays and a suggested $5 donation on Thursdays.
The Eagle OTR
For inexpensive, high-quality snacks and drinks, check out The Eagle OTR on Vine Street in Cincinnati’s Over-the-Rhine neighborhood. Draft beers are available for as little as $3, while appetizers such as pickled country vegetables and brown sugar bacon cost $5-6 and can be split with your date.
The Eagle OTR, 1342 Vine St., Cincinnati, OH, USA + 513 802 5007
Contemporary Arts Center
Admission is free for all at Cincinnati’s Contemporary Arts Center. A visit to CAC makes for a quirky, fun date. The multimedia exhibits here will challenge your idea of what a museum should and can do and lead to great discussions with your companion.
Contemporary Arts Center, 44 E. 6th St., Cincinnati, OH, USA + 513 345 8400
Cincinnati has some of the best graffiti around, thanks to ArtWorks, a nonprofit organization that enlists professional local artists and youth apprentices to transform public spaces throughout Cincinnati’s many neighborhoods and nearby suburbs into stunning murals. Take a free self-guided mural tour of Cincinnati’s public art with your date with the help of ArtWorks’ downloadable map.
ArtWorks, 20 E. Central Parkway, Cincinnati, OH, USA + 513 333 0388
Smale Riverfront Park
Smale Riverfront Park is one of the most beautiful parks in Cincinnati, and except for parking ($3 for the first hour, daily maximum of $9), it’s entirely free. Some of its many features include a scenic view of the Ohio River, a vintage carousel, lit fountains, a rose garden, a meditative labyrinth trail, and porch-style swings. With many chances to stroll, shop, picnic, and explore, it’s a perfect inexpensive date.
California Woods Nature Preserve
If your date is up for an adventure, you’ll find a day of nature-loving fun within the 113 acres of the California Woods Nature Preserve. Hike together along one of the many trails, visit the nature center, or take in the serene beauty at the butterfly and hummingbird garden. Lick Run Creek runs through the park and is home to a variety of wildlife. Access is free.
California Woods Nature Preserve, Cincinnati OH, USA + 513 357 2604
Sawyer Point & Yeatman’s Cove
Sawyer Point Park & Yeatman’s Cove are two riverfront parks that occupy a full mile along the Ohio River. Access is free, and the parks include tennis courts and sand volleyball courts. Folks stop by to look at the massive Serpentine Wall, a wavy flood wall, the Armeleder Memorial Sprayground, and the National Steamboat Monument. Stroll with your date and watch the riverboats, or gaze at the bridges, landscaping, and sculptures, and stop for a bite at one of the many refreshment stands.
Sawyer Point Park, 705 E. Pete Rose Way, Cincinnati, OH, USA + 513 357 2604
An ice cream date makes for a perfect afternoon or evening out without breaking the bank. Hello Honey, located on the hub of Cincinnati’s Vine Street, offers small batches of homemade ice cream in seasonal flavors, as well as unique mainstays such as charcoal black sesame. You can top your $3.25 single scoop or $5 double scoop with toasted marshmallow for an extra dollar.
Hello Honey, 633 Vine St., Cincinnati, OH, USA + 513 977 0300
Happy Hour at Revel OTR Urban Winery
Want some inexpensive drinks in a stylish setting? Take advantage of the happy hour at Revel Urban Winery, in Cincinnati’s hip Over-the-Rhine neighborhood. On Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m., wine, draft beer, and cocktails are $5 each. You can pair your drinks with snacks including bread and oil or olives and cheese, also for $5 per plate.
Revel OTR Urban Winery, 111 E. 12th St., Cincinnati, OH, USA + 513 579 9463
Starlite Drive-In Theatre
For an old-school, romantic date, head out to the Starlite Drive-In Theatre in Amelia, OH, about 17 miles southeast of Cincinnati. For $8.75, adult moviegoers can watch two full-length movies from the comfort of their cars. If you bring food from home, you’ll have to pay a single $5 food permit, but snacks are also available for low prices on-site.
Starlite Drive-In Theatre, 2255 OH-125, Amelia, OH, USA + 513 734 4001
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.