Whether you’re looking for a cheap pet-friendly bolthole or a boutique that won’t cost the earth, we’ve collected the best budget hotels in Asheville, North Carolina. Better yet, you can book your stay with Culture Trip.
This western city in North Carolina, surrounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains, is known for many things – from hiking trails and outdoor adventures to historic architecture, including the vast 19th-century Biltmore Estate. Head downtown to enjoy the thriving art, food and music scenes: Asheville is a beer city to its core with more than 30 craft breweries dotting the tree-lined streets. Save your cash for the good stuff by staying in one of these wallet-friendly hotels.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Location is always a top priority when choosing a hotel, and this modern, comfortable option puts you a short drive from Biltmore Estate, Antler Hill Village winery and the River Arts District, while Biltmore Village is just a stroll away. The front desk staff will happily book you tickets for day trips, attractions and tables at the award-winning city restaurants. The hotel itself has a hi-tech gym, indoor pool and hot tub, plus a delicious continental breakfast is included.
When staying in a city as exciting as Asheville, looking for a no-frills base to lay your head after a busy day of sightseeing, live music and craft beer is understandable. That’s what you’ll get at the Crowne Plaza Resort, which is stripped-back but has excellent wellness and fitness facilities. The hotel is less than a mile (1.6km) from downtown, and there’s a great outdoor pool.
Not only is this a pet-friendly hotel in the heart of the Blue Ridge and Great Smoky mountains, but on the roof they keep bee boxes in conjunction with a local bee institute to promote sustainability. From the lobby, you can walk to local breweries and enjoy days hiking, rafting and ziplining. Unwind with a swim in the indoor saline pool, before a cocktail on the patio by a firepit. Choose a higher-floor room for the best mountain views.
This neat little boutique hotel sits close to downtown Asheville, where there’s no shortage of quirky shops, farm-fresh eateries and tap houses – plus the largest home in America, the Biltmore Estate, which has a winery, bike trails and idyllic river. The hotel is smoke-free, has a 24-hour gym and offers a complimentary breakfast. The rooms are modern in design and have ample space, with gel-topped queen beds and free Keurig coffee.
Take a retro motel concept, give it a boutique twist and you have the Beaucatcher. Each stylish and comfy room – with all the mod-cons you need, including a fridge for local craft beers – has a balcony facing a furnished courtyard. The location is perfect for flitting between the sights of Asheville, and it’s a locally owned and run operation, so expect friendly service, great local advice and a hearty breakfast included in the price.
With stone cladding and colorful wood-paneled exterior, combined with cozy interiors, this hotel offers the charm of a mountain lodge. Expect finely tuned service and resort-style facilities, such as a luxurious indoor heated pool, a sundeck and patio with a firepit, plus free parking, which is always handy. The rooms are modern and stylish with all the right tech. Not far away you’ll find the Fun Depot, with exciting activities including go-karting and minigolf.
Not just any Holiday Inn – this one is surrounded by natural beauty, flaunts serious ecofriendly credentials (free electric vehicle charging stations, for starters) and has modern rooms with everything from coffee makers to pillow menus. The restaurant serves locally sourced meats and freshly caught mountain trout, with a bar stocked by local wineries and breweries. There’s an outdoor pool and gym, plus the nearby two-acre (0.8ha) walking trail is perfect for a morning stroll.
Enjoy a complimentary hot and healthy breakfast every morning at the Clarion Inn to set you up for a full day of exploration. The hotel is close to Biltmore Estate and the cool bars and restaurants downtown, while the friendly, local staff will be more than happy to make recommendations on what to see and eat each day. When you’re not sightseeing, relax in the outdoor hotel pool or let off steam in the 24-hour gym.
The location really makes this hotel sing: it’s 2mi (3km) from downtown, while Biltmore Estate and Village, South Slope Brewing District, Harrah’s Cherokee Center and the Orange Peel music venue are less than 3mi (5km) from the lobby. The River Arts District is also a 10-minute drive away. Back at the hotel, there’s a gym and indoor pool, while the comfy modern rooms have king-size beds and all the amenities you need. A hot daily breakfast, parking and wifi are on the house.
With views of the Blue Ridge Mountains from every angle, it’ll be difficult not to relax at the Four Points. What’s great about this hotel is that you’re as close to all the city action as you are to nature, whether you’re in search of local landmarks, live music or hiking trails. The hotel bar is fully stocked with the finest Asheville craft beer for whenever you return. Elsewhere, a dip in the outdoor pool is the best way to start the day here.
Get closer to the splendor of nature by staying at one of the best places to camp near Asheville. Alternatively, read our rundown of the best luxury hotels in Asheville, bookable through Culture Trip.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.