A unique lifestyle requires products to match (think: a smart bike helmet, ticket stub scrap book, and an inflatable hoodie pillow). Whether you’re shopping for a New York City neighbor or for yourself (no judgment here), here are the 13 products every New Yorker needs.
Inflatable Travel HoodiePillow
New York is a city of cosmopolitans, meaning travel is an important part of many locals’ lives. When you’re escaping across the country (or just making the schlep to Queens), you’ll be glad to have the Inflatable Travel HoodiePillow, made from premium sweatshirt material, for comfort, convenience, and some diva-approved privacy. Snag yours while you can at STORY’s ‘Home for the Holidays’ collection.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Bose QuietComfort 20 earbuds
Never let ‘show time’ ruin a ride again with the Bose QuietComfort 20 earbuds. A commuter’s savior, these Wirecutter-recommended headphones are noise-cancelling, as comfortable as they are stable, and sleek in appearance—everything an on-the-go New Yorker (so, all of them) could want.
The bikers-versus-drivers debate is fierce in New York City. Give your favorite cyclist the gift of safety with the Lumos Helmet. As the name suggests, this illuminating innovation uses smart technology to connect your bike’s brakes and turn signals to helmet display lights, making your road warrior’s intentions clear to those dastardly drivers.
Breuer Cold Brewer
Imagine how much you’d save by giving up your daily $6 cold brews. Don’t worry, we’re not suggesting the New Yorker in your life forego their favorite pick-me-up but instead source their java a little closer to home. With the easy-to-use Breuer Cold Brewer, your favorite caffeine fan (or you, we won’t judge) can unleash their inner barista to enjoy the joe they like at a price they’ll love.
Ticket Stub Diary
New York City’s entertainment scene is unforgettable—at least, it can be with this Ticket Stub Diary. The vintage-lover in your life will enjoy memorializing each museum trip, saving every sporting event, and commemorating any concert with this old-school album dedicated to preserving pleasure.
Seamless gift card
Everyone from dorm-dwellers to Wall Street workers uses Seamless, New York’s number one food delivery service. Make life a little easier (and tastier) for Dad, your roommate, and everyone in between with a Seamless gift card sure to suit any tastes.
Blue Apron subscription
Or, give a delivery guy some rest with these at-home cooking kits. New Yorkers’ cooking skills (or lack thereof) are a running joke around here. A subscription to Blue Apron can change that with easy-to-assemble gourmet meals delivered straight to your door. With the ability to accommodate any dietary restriction, Blue Apron will make any New Yorker love eating in— really.
Zojirushi Stainless Mug
This product comes recommended by The New York Times as a perfect pick for commuters who value ‘five more minutes’ over a balanced breakfast. Made of stainless steal with a non-stick coating, the Zojirushi Stainless Mug keeps liquids like coffee and bone broth piping hot for when you eventually make it to your desk. The well-reviewed mug itself will run you just $25, but the gift of more sleep? Now, that’s priceless.
EcoVacs Deebot N79
After living with the EcoVacs Deebot N79, you’ll forget how your home ever functioned before it. Maid service without the weekly fees is the real reward of this wifi-connected robot vacuum, which takes care of low-pile carpet, hardwood, and more floor surfaces so you can see your security deposit again. Affordably-priced at just $200, this mini-maid provides major results with minimal effort.
Osprey Packs Skarab 18 Hydration Pack
A backpack designed with hikers in mind may appear impractical for city slickers, but hear us out. Built for moderate-length hikes, the Osprey Packs Skarab 18 Hydration Pack will withstand any element, features convenient panels to keep your belongings accessible, and feels durable yet light for long-distance travel, everything you never realized you needed from your go-to bag in New York City.
Citi Bike Annual Membership
Every New Yorker could use an annual membership with Citi Bike, the city’s best bike-share program. A one-time fee of $163 earns you unlimited 45-minute rides around the city for an entire year, meaning you never need subject yourself to ‘train traffic’ again.
Washington Square Watches
Leave late arrivals to the New York City subway with a timeless (no pun intended) wristwatch from Washington Square Watches. This local business knows New Yorkers’ time is valuable and creates straightforward, and more importantly stylish timepieces to reflect that.
Manduka GO Play 3.0 Yoga Mat Holder
Snagging stylish active accessories is half the battle to become your healthiest you (or, at least a version of yourself who isn’t on first-name basis with more than one food delivery guy). This yoga mat holder by Manduka features weather-resistant fabric, large storage pockets, and a customizable hold, making it an ideal workout companion for the on-the-go New Yorker.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.