Jersey City is Manhattan’s smaller, less crowded neighbor, and it’s full of public parks and views of Manhattan. Read below for the prettiest parks in Jersey City.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Lincoln Park is the largest park in Hudson County, covering 243 acres in Jersey City. The park has been around since 1905 and is a staple of the community. With running trails, a wildlife reserve, and baseball fields, this park is a great place to go for a jog, to take kids, or just to walk and relax. Lincoln Park borders the Hackensack River and has three ponds within its borders. Abundant with trees, wildlife, and fountains, this park is an urban escape.
Hudson River Waterfront Walk
18-mile walk along the Hudson
The Hudson River Waterfront Walk is the perfect destination for any day or time. The 18-mile walkway goes from the Bayonne to the George Washington Bridge. The walkway is a hub for jogging, biking, walking, kayaking, and fishing. The walkway is accessible 24/7 and offers a gorgeous unobstructed view of the Hudson, as well as breathtaking views of Manhattan.
Six-acre cemetery in Historic Jersey City
This six-acre cemetery is located in the historic district of Jersey City. The cemetery was founded in 1829 and holds many aged gravestones. Trees are intermittently planted throughout the cemetery, and it’s a lovely place to visit on a sunny or dreary day. If you are not afraid to walk through such a place, this really is a lovely location with many historic artifacts to be discovered.
Liberty State Park
Across the Hudson from Ellis Island
This large park allows access to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. If this isn’t enough for you, there is also (licensed) fishing and ample room for sports or a picnic. A hub in the park offers ferry rides over to Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty, and throughout the park are walking and biking paths. The view of Manhattan and the Hudson is phenomenal, making this an exceptional destination at sunset.
Small but beautiful escape
Hamilton Park is a clean, quaint park located in the middle of the Hamilton Park residential section of Jersey City. With community events like a farmers’ market and movie screenings, Hamilton Park makes for a lovely Saturday morning walk. In the park are areas designated for pets as well as a play area for children. There is also a picturesque fountain and basketball courts making this park an all-in-one stop. The neighborhood surrounding Hamilton Park is tree-lined and predominantly brownstone style homes, making it an altogether beautiful area.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.