Themed after storybook characters, Storybook Land is a family amusement park in Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey, on US Route 322 – with nearby hotels now bookable on Culture Trip.
This original entertainment park of Storybook Land features attractions such as the Ferris Wheel and the Happy Dragon. The area – known as the ‘Land of Make Believe’ – includes popular rides such as a junior-sized roller coaster and a Tilt-A-Whirl. The park is a beloved destination for schools and families with children – especially during the magical holiday season because of its very own Santa Claus house.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Holiday Inn Express and Suites is located just outside Atlantic City where guests can enjoy New Jersey’s famous beaches and casinos. The hotel is close to Steel Pier and Gardner’s Basin, as well as an easy drive from Renault Winery, the Noyes Museum of Art and of course, Storybook Land. The hotel is in a central location and yet ideal to relax in a glass-enclosed atrium-style heated indoor pool or to unwind in the modern fitness center. Rooms feature triple-sheeted beds with four pillows – as well as a comfy workstation with ergonomic seating, mini-refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker.
Depicted as an authentic waterfront country lodge, the historic Inn at Sugar Hill features six comfortable rooms with private baths and premium amenities such as fireplaces and air-conditioning. Take advantage of a pantry with complimentary snacks and beverages and also enjoy a morning Continental breakfast here. There’s a romantic veranda with river views, fireplace and board games – as well as a unique riverfront boathouse and dock with a private deck to soak in the sunset landscape. The inn is conveniently close to Storybook Land but also a stone’s throw away from premium wineries and breweries.
Fairfield Inn and Suites is conveniently close to the area’s famous beaches, casinos and boardwalk. Featuring an on-site fitness center, you can enjoy a daily rich complimentary breakfast, featuring a variety of morning favorites. An ideal venue also for business travelers, there are conference rooms and Wi-Fi throughout the hotel available. Smoke-free rooms and suites boast plush bedding and well-lit workspaces – and there is complimentary parking for paying guests.
Just off Highway 40 and less than 15 minutes from Atlantic City International Airport, the Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlantic is a pet-friendly hotel just a short ride from Atlantic City’s iconic casinos and boardwalk attractions. Begin your morning with the delicious free hot breakfast and wrap up your day at the hotel’s complimentary evening social. If you’re seeking a more intimate atmosphere, try the quieter convenience of the in-suite kitchen. Mobility and hearing-accessible rooms and studios are also available for travelers with special needs.
Just 15 minutes from Storybook Land is the Hampton Inn Atlantic City – the property is situated just 9mi from Atlantic City’s world-famous casinos, boardwalk and convention center, too. Choose the Hampton Inn for its complimentary hot breakfast, the fast free WiFi and the inviting heated indoor pool. The hotel also features a fitness center, a business center and meeting facilities, if you’re here on business. The smoke-free rooms and suites are comfortable and simply decorated, featuring a mini-refrigerator and a microwave oven for your convenience.
This historic property dates back to 1799 – and was beautifully restored in 2005. Jonathan Pitney House is only a short distance from Jersey Shore, where you can choose among an amazing range of day trips and fun activities. Located just minutes from Atlantic City’s fast-moving pace, beaches and boardwalks, this is a great place to stay if you’re wanting to discover Storybook Land. In the area, it’s also possible to visit the Historic Renault Winery, the Forsythe Wildlife Preserve, or unwind in one of the numerous golf courses. If you’re staying in one of the comfy rooms and suites, you’ll love the hotel’s trademark breakfast served in the elegant eighteenth-century dining room even more.
There’s nothing like the spectacular premises of the Colonial Inn for a relaxing retreat – and some fun only 20 minutes from Atlantic City and less than an hour away from Ocean City. The Colonial Inn Bed and Breakfast is situated in the heart of the Historic Town of Smithville, a picturesque destination in itself with its unique shops, eateries, paddle boats and endless free weekend events. Here, you’ll love to get lost in the cobblestone walkways and bridges to discover a village where time seems to never go by. Pick among the elegant and romantic rooms and suites in the Main House, the rooms in the Country Inn Barn, or the historic and original village rooms for a real throwback.
The Marriott’s Fairway Villas is a vacation resort in Galloway, ideal for travelers exploring different New Jersey attractions, such as Atlantic City, Storybook Land and the several nearby quaint settlements that dot the New Jersey shore. This family-friendly hotel features ample vacation villas with fully equipped kitchens, washer/dryers and other modern features. As an ideal getaway for families, groups of friends and couples, the resort boasts modern gym facilities, both an indoor pool and an outdoor pool and seasonal dining.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.