Located in southern New Jersey, Atlantic City serves as one of the state’s biggest vacation spots. With world class casinos and exquisite dining options, Atlantic City is a must-stop destination for any New Jersey visitor. Read further for the 10 best restaurants in the city.
Did you know – Culture Trip now does bookable, small-group trips? Pick from authentic, immersive Epic Trips, compact and action-packed Mini Trips and sparkling, expansive Sailing Trips.
Dock’s Oyster House
Dock’s Oyster House has been serving quality seafood in Atlantic City since 1897. Dock’s features a nightly live piano player which adds to the elegant and intimate setting, making it ideal for a romantic night out. One of Dock’s more popular dishes is the “Land and Sea” which features three jumbo shrimp stuffed with crab meat, mashed potatoes, and filet mignon. Be sure to make a reservation ahead of time, as Dock’s is usually crowded.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
With a full bar and from-scratch Italian cuisine, Café 2825 is raising the bar for authentic dining experiences. Café 2825 is seated in prime location with the Tropicana Casino & Resort just a short walk away. Be sure to try the home-made mozzarella with tomato, which is prepared fresh at your table.
Knife And Fork Inn
Since its introduction in 1912, Knife And Fork Inn has been a mainstay in the Atlantic City restaurant scene. Knife And Fork Inn primarily serves steak and seafood with an extensive wine list to match. The atmosphere is comfortable and caters to those who are seeking a romantic night out or casual dining. One of their most popular dishes is the Surf and Turf which features a sirloin steak and a full lobster.
Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar
Located in the world famous Tropicana Hotel, Cuba Libre is one of the liveliest establishments to grab a meal. This Cuban inspired restaurant offers patrons beautiful Caribbean decor and late night salsa dancing on select days. Cuba Libre displays its authenticity with a rum bar containing a wide variety of imported and domestic rums. The pineapple guacamole is a popular dish among the regulars.
Kelsey & Kim’s Southern Cafe
The southern comfort cuisine of this Atlantic City establishment has gained a large following. With dishes like Red Beans and Rice and Pork Rib Sandwiches, Kelsey & Kim’s is sure to satisfy any appetite. Single portions are large enough for two, and the menu offers everything from seafood to pork. Be sure to stay for dessert and try the popular Peach Cobbler.
Chef Vola’s boasts home-style Italian fare served family style. This restaurant is cash only, and serves as a BYOB with red wine as the recommended pairing. Chef Vola’s is located just a block away from the boardwalk and the beach. This spot received the ‘America’s Classics’ award from the James Beard Foundation in 2011 and is considered one of the best restaurants in Atlantic City by local publications.
Carmine’s Restaurant is one of the best in Atlantic City for big groups. Located in the Tropicana Hotel, Carmine’s offers family style seating and large portions. The decor is reminiscent of a traditional Italian cafe and offers a great atmosphere for a night out with friends. Carmine’s menu is extensive and offers customers three types of meat, seafood, and dessert favorites such as tiramisu.
Angelo’s Fairmount Tavern
Angelo’s Fairmount Tavern has offered generous portions and delicious food since its introduction in 1935. Angelo’s is made up of small rooms outfitted with wood paneling and stained glass windows. Portions at Angelo’s are filling and generous, with the lobster ravioli and chicken parmesan as popular choices, and the service at Angelo’s is top notch, making any dining experience there memorable.
Girasole Ristorante and Lounge
The atmosphere at Girasole is serene, with a private lounge and garden patio for dining. This high-end restaurant is perfect for a romantic night out or a casual dining experience. Girasole boasts a great location with the beach and Atlantic Ocean just steps away. The food at Girasole is authentic Italian, and each dish is made from scratch in-house. Be sure to check out their happy hour, offered six days a week.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.