How do you define luxury? An in-room jacuzzi? Prime cuts of steak and a bottle of French wine brought to your bedside? How about a ridiculously high thread count on the softest sheets you’ve ever slept on? Well, whatever your definition, these luxury hotels in New Hampshire hotels have you covered, and they’re bookable on Culture Trip.
It’s near impossible to experience cabin fever at this four-star hotel in New Hampshire. When you’re not being massaged in the 25,000sqft (2,322sqm) spa or clubbing on the Mount Washington Golf Course, the concierge can schedule everything for you – from ski and snowboarding lessons to horseback and carriage rides around the property.
Spoil yourself at Mountain View Grand Resort and Spa. We’re talking the whole nine yards: manicures and massages at the spa, whitewater rafting and fishing in the Androscoggin River, hiking and snowmobiling at Weeks State Park and, when you’re ready for refreshments, beer and wine tastings. On a wilder note, you might try a dog-sledding adventure or competitive ax-throwing session while the kids pet sheep, llamas and goats at Mountain View Farm.
If you’re jaded by conventional luxury hotels, you’ll be blown away by a weekend at Wentworth by the Sea, a Marriott Hotel and Spa. It’s on a remarkable island, New Castle, and you’ll have magical waterfront views if you dock yourself in a marina suite. Walk beside the ocean and play golf at Wentworth by the Sea Country Club while your partner idles at the Spa. And if you want more splendid isolation still, head off on a breezy harbor cruise.
Experience the perfect balance of adventure and relaxation – with just the right blend of luxury and comfort – at the Inn at Thorn Hill and Spa. You’re at the foot of the White Mountain National Forest and have 500mi (800km) of trails to satisfy your every hiking need. When you’re done roaming, slip out of your boots and into the spa for the signature treatment – devised to melt away tension and soreness in every muscle. Don’t want to be alone? Invite a group and spend a few luxury days here in the 12-person Carriage House, cuddled up by the toasty fireplace.
You’ll probably only manage a slack-jawed, silent “wow” on seeing the grand kitchen and panoramic mountain views in your suite at RiverWalk Resort at Loon Mountain. The splendid foot soaks and rejuvenating facials at the Solstice North Day Spa will elicit only whimpers, while the delicate notes of locally made vino from Seven Birches Winery will make you go, “mmmm.” No words do this place justice, so embrace the speechlessness and relax.
After a multi-million dollar renovation, this place deserves respect – so please wipe your feet before entering your room, resplendent with an Italian-marble bathroom, a whirlpool tub and a carefully crafted four-poster bed. You might request a chef’s cheese board for your arrival, but we say hang on for caramelized New Bedford sea scallops at the Dining Room, crispy crab cakes at the Tavern or sesame-roasted Faroe Island salmon skewers at the Lobby Bar.
The service of a five-star hotel meets the laid-back charm of a country cottage at the Lake House at Ferry Point Inn. It’s the sole lakefront B&B in the New Hampshire Lake Region, so take advantage and head for a kayak or a swim in Lake Winnisquam. Then again you could just curl up with a book, glancing at the waters, gardens and fauna from your bedside bay windows. Just remember to sneak down to the dining area for home-made brownies and cookies, fresh out of the oven.
The beach, bar, slopes and spa – everything’s easily accessible from your warm, rustic, wood-accented suite. Sound too good to be true? It isn’t at Mountain Edge Resort and Spa; Mount Sunapee State Park Beach, Salt Hill Pub and the spa are steps from your suite while skiing and snowboarding are a shuttle hop away. Mount Edge may have been around for over a century but don’t wait any longer to plan a family vacation you’ll all cherish for years to come.
Luxury and all-inclusive go hand in hand at Black Bear Lodge. Park your car and pack away the keys for the rest of your visit. You can be on the slopes, at the sauna, in the gym or in the game room within moments of leaving your suite. You can hike, swim, tube, ice skate or play tennis at a moment’s notice, but we’ll be frank, the second you slip into the outdoor hot tub, you’ll be doing nothing for a while except simmering gently and admiring the White Mountains.
Not to be confused with the Omni Mount Washington Resort above, the Omni Bretton Inn at Mount Washington looks as if it slid from the pages of a romance novel. Time-honored rooms and picturesque gardens provide a romantic backdrop for all this New Hampshire luxury hotel. Eat fireside in the Bretton Arms Dining Room, selecting from the wine-pairing menu and trying the decadent warm apple-cherry cobbler, accompanied by New Hampshire vanilla ice cream.
Lake Opechee Inn and Spa is simply swimming in comfort, charm and luxury. We’re talking wine-ding down with a long-stemmed glass by the lake’s edge, spending a rainy day soaking in the indoor pool and indulging in one body treatment after another at the Tranquility Springs Wellness Spa. When you’re putty-soft from all the pampering, make your social media followers green with amazing selfies against the stunning scenery of the Lakes Region.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.